I built a stereo rack

peshewah

Nothing fancy. My components were spead all over the living room and this cleaned it up. I didn't have a $30000 table saw. Just a circular saw and some sand paper(sanded by hand) and a screw gun. I bought a sheet of birch plywood for around $30, 4-2x4 8ft long at $2 a piece (building grade) used the best 45" out of them, 4-4packs of corner brackets, some stain and polyyerthane and beer. I enjoyed it. I will try to post a picture.

• Moderators

Looks good.

Here is something you may like, when using hardwood plywood or any plywood. It covers the layers of the plywood edging so you don't see the layers. It's called edge banding, it is sold in as small as 25' lengths at HD for about $6. All you do is put it where you want it and heat it with an iron. If you screw up a little you just reheat and adjust, as it cools it sticks very well. It's real wood and can be stained and will stick to anything, great stuff very easy to use just cut with scissors or razor knife.

http://www.band-itproducts.com/index.php?do=commerce:retail_products

Thanks guys. I really enjoyed it. I've been laid off from work for 3 weeks now and it gave me something to do besides honey do's. I would go out to the barn and sand away, just me and the chickens. Dtel, that would have cleaned up them raw edges nicely. I wish I would have known about it last week. I'll keep it in mind for my next project. Thanks

• Moderators

Thanks guys. I really enjoyed it. I've been laid off from work for 3 weeks now and it gave me something to do besides honey do's. I would go out to the barn and sand away, just me and the chickens. Dtel, that would have cleaned up them raw edges nicely. I wish I would have known about it last week. I'll keep it in mind for my next project. Thanks

It would stick to polyurethane, then just put a little stain to match then polyurethane on the edge.

Or just leave it like that, I didn't put that to say it looked bad it's just an easy way to make the edges look nice, more WAF ! [Y]

I didn't have a $30000 table saw.

That poor guy.

Stereo rack looks good. Now go build some speakers!

Greg

I'm in the process of building some Jubillees. I'll be displaying them in the Garage Sale......along with the chainsaw and duct tape I used to build them.