The Sunshine State???

tommyboy

I'm having a hard time figuring out why Fl is called the sunshine state? It's been raining, hard, for about a week now. Thunderstorm after thunderstorm! We looked it up today, and it rains more here than in England! Average annual rainfall is about 50" here. And on top of that, I just learned today that Fl's the thunderstorm capital of the U.S.

Last summer we had 4 hurricane scares. To the point that we packed our bags, and just waited for the official evac order. Never got one, but still. FOUR different times, one weekend after the next, etc........... So, can someone tell me why this is the sunshine state??? [*-)]

I have no idea... but I'm sure it's a lot sunnier than North Dakota. And even Indiana. A lot wamer at least. Though no hurricane worries here in the Hoosier State. Just tornados and thunderstorms. But then again, the hurricanes in Florida spawn tornados don't they? [:S]

Yes, we get tornadoes also. This makes the third day in a row that we're in a tornado watch. Last week, we went into tornado warning a couple times......... I came here from England, where I thought it rained a lot. I thought I had left all that rain behind for the "Sunshine State" lol........

I don't know where you're been, but this is the first rain we've had in MONTHS. Right now we're 5 inches in the hole on average. Frankly, I hope our Spring time is wet as hell. There seems to be a coorelation to wet Spring/ few hurricanes, and a dry Spring where you'd better watch your a$$ come hurricane season....just something I read...

I don't know where you're been, but this is the first rain we've had in MONTHS. Right now we're 5 inches in the hole on average. Frankly, I hope our Spring time is wet as hell. There seems to be a coorelation to wet Spring/ few hurricanes, and a dry Spring where you'd better watch your a$$ come hurricane season....just something I read...

Hey over in Clermont most the of the boat houses are high and dry. We
could use around about 3 foot to get started! of course in moderation[;)]

Maybe because you're in a different part of the state? I'm not sure, but last week was bad also. But, OTOH, my folks came down 3 weeks ago for a week, and the weather was gorgeous!

It looks like we're going to get a little bit of a break. It's really nice today, throughout the weekend, but it's supposed to get bad again starting Tuesday.......

Can you tell I'm getting tired of all this rain???

I hate to break this to you......... [6] You know the old story about Greenland [6] Once you are there it is tooo late. Suckers!!!!

Just kidding.

I think you just get bigger downpours and here soon it should clear up and be very nice for a while. Then you get tropical storms [:|]