To all you early-morning posters...

chuckears

You know who you are...(because I am, too).

So, what's the deal... have you not been to bed yet? Get up in the middle of the night for some significant-other snuggling? Or, like me, do you go into work at a godawful time of the morning? (I am in the car at 5:00 AM at the latest, at work no later than 5:30...this requires a wake-up time between 3:30 and 4:00, just so I can consume enough caffeine to feel safe about getting in the car).

So what's YOUR excuse?

------------------

Klipsch Fortes, Oiled Oak

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center Channel

McCormack DNA-1 Power Amp

McCormack TLC Pre-Amp

Sony 5-disc changer

NHT SA3 Subwoofer Amp

Hsu TN1220 Subwoofer

Old Akai cassette Deck

Akai AAR22 used as tuner

Nordost Solar Wind interconnects

Kimber 4TC Speaker Cable

(Future upgrades to include):

Klipsch RS-3 Surrounds

Outlaw 1050 AV Receiver

Since breaking my neck about twenty years ago, I live with chronic pain... and don't like to take the mind numbing drugs the doc's prescribe... I rarely get more than 2 to 3 hours of sleep at a time. So, I am likely to turn on the HT, surf the web, or work on one of my photo-journalistic projects... depending on how sharp my noodle is at the time.

Great sound and special mental disciplines make it possible to get in two sleep cycles a night... on a good day. My Type 2 Diabetes may have been accelerated by sleep deprivation... and heart arrhythmias that have me a heartbeat away from becoming a former Forum member can play havoc for days on end.

My suggestion... get at least 6.5 hours of quality sleep a night and enjoy your Klipsch in good health!cwm9.gif HornEd

PS: I have had the opportunity to travel the world, build a family, enjoy multiple careers, had cycles of being very rich and very poor, have been self-employed since leaving the Army Medical Corps in 1964, and, for the most part, had a wonderful "Klipsch enhanced" time. I think there still may be an adventure or two left in this tortured carcass, so I am spending more time in the motor home looking for it. The general quality of folks on this Forum makes contributing a pleasure... although sometimes I do it without a sufficient amount of head engaged... but I enjoy the learning experience and have learned how to say "my bad." H.E.

If it wasnt for you early morning guys I would be hear all on my own. Athens is 8 hours ahead of EST (2 hours ahead of GMT).

That means that 90% of the time I post something and read the replies the next day. Must be great to get instant feedback.

------------------

2 * Heresy 2 (mains)

2 * Homemade horn speakers (rears)

1 * REL Strata 3 sub

Accuphase E211 amp.

Tube monoblocks with separate pre-amp (solid state).

Marantz CD6000 player

Sony NS900 SACD/DVD player

Stax Headphones

Humax 5400 digital satellite receiver

Sharp Video

32" Sony flat screen 16:9 TV

Mogami interconnects

Silver Synergistic speaker cable

sometimes a transparent post has more meaning than a transparent speaker

i hear ya HornEd

I have POHP, PTSD, and GAD - in my case though, if it wasn't for the meds I would be a basket case.

I say - Better Living Through Chemistry

------------------

deanG

I hear you DeanG, if it wasn't for chemistry, in my case it would just be an empty basket. I have been able to avoid non-existence far more often than any cat should. While I don't like my levels of incapacities... I sure live as much as I can with what I have... and hope you do the same. And if old "Cardiac Chris" is lurking... the same goes for him. Yes, Dean, people like us... and there are a lot of them out there... need to take time to appreciate what they can do and treasure each moment we can do it.

My Klipsch rig is a source of daily pleasure for my psyche that is at least as therapeutic as my meds. Sharing some of my Klipsch adventures and reading on this Forum of the sound adventures of others is like being part of a low demand community whose only taxing event is the encouragement to tweak-on!

cwm38.gif Love that Monsanto tag line... HornEd

Ed, I think you just justified me spending half a year's salary in one year on just my 2-channel system. I too have this dreaded disease; Diabetes Type I--IDDM (Insulin Dependent Diabebtes Mellitus). Only had it for six years after having a stomach virus that kicked it into full swing from dormancy. Checked into the hospital back then at 5'8" and 119lbs. looking like I came from someone's closet. Now that's it's under control I've got the 147lb. cut body I never had before---at 36 years old. I was always rather small growin' up. Always 10 pounds lighter and 2 inches shorter than all the classmates. That resulted in a lot teasing and humiliation. I think I have had a mild case of it all through childhood.

For anyone that doesn't have this thorn in the side disease living the life of a Diabetic (minus the drugs) is not all that bad of a deal. I'm talkin' about the food you eat, amount of exercise etc. When I was first diagnosed, in a bit of support, my parents went on the same regiment I had too. They lost 20lbs. each in four months.

So living life as much as I can afford is a pretty high priority. Not having any children though, I don't want to pass this disease onto them.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

This message has been edited by tblasing on 02-22-2002 at 08:20 PM

My dad was a diabetic, and in the end it killed him at the age of 47. It brought on two heart attacks and he never survived the second one. He used to smoke 3 packs of Pall Mall non-filters a day and weighed 225 pounds, while only standing 5' 7" tall. He had his first attack at the age of 44 and quit smoking after that. He lost 100 pounds and looked 70 years of age. He wasn't even the same man anymore. My dad died in 1983 when I was 23 years of age and I sure do miss him. Frown.gif

DeanG - What do all those acronyms stand for?

Just to stay on topic, I wake up around 7:45 in the morning and walk about 75 feet to my office. I hate it but somebody has to do it! Smile.gif

Mike

This message has been edited by Mike Lindsey on 02-22-2002 at 02:12 PM

POHP - Presumed Ocular Histoplasmosis, also known as Rocky Mountian Eye Disease & Pigeon Disease.

This one's a beauty. There is this lovely fungus in the soil indigenous to the Ohio and Mississippi Valley areas. The fungus comes from bird and bat droppings that are mixed in the soil. I used to do quite a bit of caving and on one of my trips down, managed to inhale the fungus into my lungs. Symptoms of exposure are similiar to a killer flu. After a week you feel better and life goes on. Most people get exposed and don't even know it - they think like I did - must be the flu.

One of the residual effects of exposure is that the fungus leaves very small (microscopic) lesions on most of the major organs. Especially the lungs and eyes - specifically the retina. Now, one of the things the human body does naturally as it ages is produce new networks of blood vessels. They are referred to as 'neovascular membranes'. These new vessels however, are not as stable as the originals.

Occasionally, one of these 'new' networks will find it's way underneath a Histoplasmosis legion - and when it does it ruptures. When this happens in the lungs or elsewhere it is usually no big deal because they are so small. As a matter of fact, Bob Dylan was hospitalized about a decade ago where one ruptured in his lung and caused some problems.

If this happens in the eye though - it's bad. This is how I found out I had been exposed - I experienced a sub-retinal hemorrhage in my left eye. They first tried to stop the bleeding with laser (twice) and then I finally went under the knife in an attempt to have the actual membrane removed. I eventually lost central vision in my left eye. I have a 20% chance of losing vision in my right eye.

The diagnosis was nerve wracking enough, then I had the pleasure of experiencing everything from having steroids injected into my eye - to the surgery itself where I got to experience having the fluid drained out of my eye and then filled back up with gas (like a balloon) so it would keep shape until the bodies natural mechanisms filled it back up with fluid.

At any rate - this whole thing lasted about a year and left me pretty much a wreck.

Then I found out my oldest daughter was skipping school and smoking dope & crack. I had four kids on honor roll and then this 5th one who acted like she had a chromosome missing.

At some point my brain told me to 'go to hell' and they diagnosed me with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, or PTSD. Lots of tachacardia and night sweats. Oh the joy!

Later it became full blown GAD - or Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

These are all cute names for a basic condition where the neurotransmitters in the brain go completely ga-ga.

I had to choose between Jesus and a gun.

I chose Jesus Smile.gif

------------------

deanG

stress,light sleeper,ideas that keep running thru my mind, wanting to reach a friend w/an a/v idea (not everyone knows enough/cares about a/v like we do)pi$$ed at my w2b, etc. after reading some other posts,i wish my fellow klipschers the best, and in retrospect should sleep better 2nite.avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15 in the house!!

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

I work a lot of hours at all times of night and day.I enjoy reading this forum to keep my mind off my job.Lets talk about something enjoyable.Please.

Keith

This message has been edited by talktoKeith on 02-22-2002 at 08:19 PM

Latin Homework

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

My reason - a baby that determines when/if I get sleep and what time is "morning." Today, morning started at 4:53 AM. Course, sitting on dad's lap and looking at the computer, I can only hope she starts to nod off. This bulletin board has been a great companion for those early mornings (and late nights).

C

------------------

My System

Deang and Horn ed,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Ed,

If you ever take the Winebago to Michigan to see the lakes I can put you in the front of the house(170 foot of driveway on 1.5 acres) and cook you dinner(wife uses the kitchen, I use the grill).

I stay up late because I snore real bad and I let my wife get to sleep first; sometimes I need to do laundry or maintainance on the computers(washing machine, computer and audio all in a big family room).

Challenges in life and music are a fine complement.

I am geneticly predisposed to diabetes. Enjoy the diverse diet while I can.

Was rear ended by a 30,000 pound truck 13 years ago. An angel told me to fasten my seat belt 20 minutes before so I got off easy with a bad back. No where near as severe as Horn Ed though.

Lost a child; but have four healthy ones.

While deer hunting with my dad(66 years old) last fall he said,"when I wake up in the morning I just figure every day is a bonus". Kind of a theme statement for me.

No fear of the transition; just real comfortable with this life.