My new Belles

Hashimoto

Very cool they look beautiful, Congrats on the new speakers.

Are they your first Klipsch speakers? I seen that you had questions about your room size before you got them. I know you just had them one day but what do you think about them in your room?

James

Yes, my first Klipsches. 35 years ago in high school, my best friend's father had a Macintosh amp, Dual TT and Heresies in his basement. We would rock out.

Once I got the toe-in in the ballpark, they came together very nicely. Good recordings are wonderful, especially recently remastered stuff. Older CDs can be a bit hard. For example: Beatles White Album on CD, "Blackbird" was terrific. I have never heard the separation of Paul's voice and whoever sings with him in the chorus so clearly before. "Back in the USSR" had me scrambling to turn it down, hard and screechy. So a bit Jekyll and Hyde, mostly Jekyll.

I'll listen for a while but I'm already thinking crossover upgrade, constant impedance ones like the ALKs as I'm using SET amps.

Hey are those amps? did you build them? what are they?

Modified Bottlehead Parabees. Constant current DC filament supplies for the 300Bs. Shunt regulated CCS loaded driver stage. I also integrated them, i.e. they have stepped attenuators at the input. It wouldn't all fit into the original tiny chassis so they're on breadboards for now. Source is an ARC CD3 balanced out into Burson balanced in single-ended out buffer into the amps. Have some IT coupled SETs half-finished on the bench.

Congrats on the New Belle's. They look great and should sound outstanding. In the other thread you stated that they were a little pricey. Sure hope you got a deal and did not pay thru the roof for them.

Rebuilt crossovers made a big difference; been wanting to try some ALK's or DeanG crossovers but have not made the move yet. Later Bill