happy Fathers day

dtel

Indeed. Happy Father's Day.

In the latter seasons of my father's life, I would cut out articles I thought would be interesting to him and we'd discuss the issues when we'd get to visit in person. It was pretty cool to hear him holding court almost, with me listening and offering some opinions and such. I have alot to be thankful for remembering the gift he was to me. Sometimes I reflect thinking of what he would do in a given situation, the answer mostly being to persevere with quiet strength, trusting in the source which is eternal. That's what it means to be happy. That's among the things that make a man. He did it pretty well.

All that is to say that for some years after his death I would run across a thought or article in my reading and I'd think, "I need to save that one for Dad." Then I'd remember, "oh, yeh. I forgot."

I think of those times as an opportunity to remember and say thanks.

Sometimes I reflect thinking of what he would do in a given situation, the answer mostly being to persevere with quiet strength, trusting in the source which is eternal. That's what it means to be happy. That's among the things that make a man. He did it pretty well.

You do it well too, Dee. Now I see where you get it.

Yep, I miss my Dad, too. He passed 22 years ago today, on Fathers day 1987, the day Cathy and I returned home from our honeymoon. He was sure happy the last time I saw him, on our wedding day.

I had a great day today, my best Fathers Day ever. Did nothing special, but got the most tender and heart-felt wishes from Cathy and the girls. Amazing day.

My Dad died 40 years ago. Got adopted by my uncle (Dad's younger brother) and he died 30 years ago. I miss them both. I needed a man around as I hit 18--because I definately needed someone to kick my butt and put me in line. maybe would have saved me some regrets that i now carry. i was at a park, and saw a father & son there, made me really miss being able to do stuff with Pops.

Sometimes I reflect thinking of what he would do in a given situation, the answer mostly being to persevere with quiet strength, trusting in the source which is eternal. That's what it means to be happy. That's among the things that make a man. He did it pretty well.

You do it well too, Dee. Now I see where you get it.

Yep, I miss my Dad, too. He passed 22 years ago today, on Fathers day 1987, the day Cathy and I returned home from our honeymoon. He was sure happy the last time I saw him, on our wedding day.

I had a great day today, my best Fathers Day ever. Did nothing special, but got the most tender and heart-felt wishes from Cathy and the girls. Amazing day.

Thanks Gregg. Boy, 22 years is some time back.

I had a gread FD. Jan and Sara went to Rib Crib and brought home a family picnic pack. Had some very nice time, before they went out to do girl things. Of course, that was with my blessing. Talked with Elizabeth on the phone. Believe it or not, she is six months along in her pregnancy.