Retro world - pictures of the past

Colin

"Gulp!" I remember 100% of the products and packaging shown....I'm friggin' OLD! [:S] Let's hope I've got some of Ms. Rose's good genes! LOL

Colin: You're right; I didn't see any Klipsch either but there is a horn on that speaker sitting on the cart in the lady's kichen along with a nice tube amp! I guess the whole rig is an early "boom box"? LOL Great post, Colin. Thanks! -Glenn

post-10177-13819486161504_thumb.jpg

And now the kids call them "vinyl players".

Funny how those old haircuts make the teenagers look like 30-year-olds to our modern eyes.

Some of those reminded me of how you could always get a burger and a milkshake at the drugstore. I wonder why all the drugstores dropped the diner section?

I have seen the cobra-matic here before...did not someone sell one of these recently or post pics?

alas, it was our own Seti who has or had one

cobramatic

Yup someone at work gave it to me and I'm going to restore to a hopefully usable state.

Here is the outside. It is really big.

IMG_1463.JPG

I love this one..

RetroBendixComp.jpg

After all, how many of us computer geeks wear that kind of outfit to work today. Seems to be blue jeans and t-shirts (and if you are lucky, maybe a polo shirt), pretty much as far as the eye can now-a-days. Not a one of us would even THINK about wearing a tie these days! And the sad thing is that my cell phone probably has several hundreds of thousands of times the processing power and memory storage as that big ol thing did back then, plus it fits in my pocket! And to think, there was period of time when I used to actually wear my hair like the guy standing up in the back.

I used to love those old money boxes, not that I had any money.. but the one I had was like a 3 qtr apple which had a button on the bitten qtr, you put a coin on the button and a worm pops out of the apple and eats your coin. It was so cool.. very retro. They just don’t make things like they used to…

Some of those reminded me of how you could always get a burger and a milkshake at the drugstore. I wonder why all the drugstores dropped the diner section?

We still got one right here in good'ol downtown Fredericksburg, VA - Goolricks Pharmacy: And dBig Smilemn fine milkshakes at that! Pizza

Now that's a drugstore!