Kain

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The original RF-7 had a black wood front panel

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but, this definitely looks like a plastic face to me. Although I could be wrong.

Actually the front itself is indeed wood, but painted black (I just check both my RF-7s and my RF-5s). However, the newer RF-83 do have a plastic front. I like how these "new" RF-7s have matching veneer on the fronts. Looks really classy. Now, there seems to be quandry here. I wonder if they'll also bring back a matching RC-7 that goes along with these RF-7s. I don't think I'd buy my whole setup again since it looks like a purely cosmetic change, but pretty cool they are being offered again. Now, those that have been wanting a pair can now get them without resorting to the second hand market. Also, love how Klipsch really does listen to thier fans.

The reappearance of the RF-7s convinced me to take a big risk and replace my RF-7s. In short, if I've really fouled up, there is a way back to new RF-7s.

I've ordered 4 RF-63s to match my RC-64 center. The RC-64 was needed to fit under my new 60 in. plasma. If the RF-63s just don't have as good of a sound stage or lose too much slam, then its back to the RF-7s. The only 7 series speakers that I will keep are the RS-7s for surround back spealers. I'm not too worried about bass with dual RSW subs and Sunfire amps for the RF-63s.

I get the first two RF-63s delivered on Monday. The second pair is on back order. The whole idea is to have as close a timbre match as possible all the way around for 5.1 music and still have strong speakers for movies.

I'm going to try the RF-63s crossed over at both 50 Hz and at 80. BobG convinced me to try 50 Hz on the RF-7s and he was right after a great deal of experimenting.

Bill

Thanks for clearing that up for us. I wonder why they chose to paint them black or why the newer reference speakers use plastic faces? I like the real wood look alround.

I remember the hardships of how easy they were to damage while installing on the rf-7 made them make the next series plastic front. I don't really mind since the grills are always on. The black paint if I remember right by Trey Cannon said that chips, scratches, dust, fingerprints etc made it all to easy to notice.

Thanks for clearing that up for us. I wonder why they chose to paint them black or why the newer reference speakers use plastic faces? I like the real wood look alround.

Probably a parts count and build efficiency measure. WIth the latest Reference, the horn is molded into the front facade piece, so saves a few pieces and labor during assembly while giving a stiffer more resonant free construction. Also is more likely less weight.

Probably a parts count and build efficiency measure. WIth the latest Reference, the horn is molded into the front facade piece, so saves a few pieces and labor during assembly while giving a stiffer more resonant free construction. Also is more likely less weight.

Okay that makes sense now.

I remember the hardships of how easy they were to damage while installing on the rf-7 made them make the next series plastic front. I don't really mind since the grills are always on. The black paint if I remember right by Trey Cannon said that chips, scratches, dust, fingerprints etc made it all to easy to notice.

I haven't been here on the forums too long but, I have been here long enough to hear some shipping horror stories. I would hate for anything that I shipped or received to get scratched ,chipped or broken. Especially to the most visible areas of the speaker (top,sides,front) since I am a 50/50 grill on grill off guy.

• Moderators

Is there a chance of the RC-7 to return as well?

There is a chance, yes. Until that is determined for sure, Team Hope will be able to make the RC-64 in matching finishes, should you request it. [:)]

Does this mean that my rf-83 were a failed attempt at a better model? And then the Palladiums were failed attempt since the rf-83 were the base concept of the palladiums.

J,as you know I had the 83's,there is no way they failed at anything.The 83's are absolutely a fantastic speaker,the only difference was a close personal choice.Enjoy.

PLEASE bring back the RC-7. There are still lots of posts on the forums of people trying to find a good quality RC-7 since they are so hard to find. I bought my cherry RF-7s 2 years ago and still have yet to find a cherry RC-7 for sale that is in good condition. With the reintroduction of the RF-5s and RF-7s there will be even more demand for those RC-7s.