PEEEEEEEPS!!! I Miss My Klipsch Men!

meagain

bought my hubby the Custom 3's but he keeps stealing my X10's constantly. Takes them on biz trips for a week, etc. I DO wish Amy would again post another "big sale" on the things so I can get him his own X10's

I thought your husband had the Custom 3s (the things I remember - he's a saxophone player right? from P2007). I can (kind of) understand the X10's over the Custom 3's as we have Custom 2's from when they first came out and X10's since December.... I haven't used the Custom 2's since then and the Image X10's are probably a step up in sound quality anyway though better highs in the Custom 3 with my lmited exposure. The Custom models even after owning since they first come out take a bit more work. The Image models ya pretty much just stick 'em in and you're all set. Personally, I like the X5's the best - prefer the sound over the X10's and ease of use over the Customs.

I wonder what the weight of that S4i is and the actual size. Not sure how it would work with the light X10's but boy - to have that feature would be kick!

VERY Chunky compared to the X10's. Weight wise pretty light if I recall for as big as they are. I tried the standed S4's and S2's for a couple of minutes at Indyklilpschfan's place as P Thump brought the different models to demo (though I didn't notice any S4i's or the even further away to be released S2m. The standard S2 whihc are not yet available are a bit bigger then the X5's which are a bit bigger then the X10's. The S4 are closer in size than the Custom models though a vastly different shape. Seemed pretty comfortable and easy to use with my couple of minutes quick trial with each.... (Indy's HT with La Scalas all around was fired up and I couldn't resist....)

Sound wise. The S4 and S2 held up pretty well. I'm sure disappointing compared to the X5's, X10's, and Custom 3's and maybe the Custom 1's and 2's. I didn't try them that long but they did sound really good. I'd go for the S2 just for the smaller size. The S2 I don't think has the bass of the S4 but maybe a bit "clearer" in the highs? Kind of how I'd compare the X5's to the X10's. I think the X5's are "clearer" in the highs.

I use Firefox on a Windows laptop at home and it works ok. For some reason the forum software doesn't work very well with Safari.

Coytee - Hugs! :) How does the black face work for you in comparison?

Shhhhhhhhh....not in public.... [:$] how many times do I have to tell you..... [:$] [{][}]

For me, I always thought the original face was a bit.... well... no disrespect meant to anyone...but a little cheesy looking. I never much cared for it. I must admit though that I give less thought to how something looks rather than to how it sounds.

So, I didn't mind it's looks nor did I mind some construction blemishes in the case. (I think my case was one of the reasons Mark looked for another box maker)

So given that the imperfections were not a big deal to me, I DO like the looks of the new face (and box, though it's still in my closet) a lot more. The Walnut case looks gorgeous and the black face, just looks "right" to me.

it's a trivial thing, much like having big black plug ugly speakers in your room but loving their sound. I'll take the sound output anyday over asthetics. Having nice looks is simply a bonus for me, not a priority.

I'm rambling now, but that logic is why I sometimes find it humerous to visit some people, or hear others talk and then it dawns on me.... they are so focused on how something looks that they are hampering their their sound experience because of their asthetic concerns.

Ahhh.... to each his own I suppose. Regarding my Peach, I've now got the almost best two of three worlds, looks great and sounds great (but still has no remote since it's an earlier model [:(]). Still works for me!

[Y]

Hi - Somebody said you might have an extra pair of VRDs lying around. Any truth to that rumor? If so - Please contact me-

One of my other amps fried-running my old MAC 2105 ss with my new Peach 2 so I am not in a hurry.

If you do have any VRDS for sale - I am your guy.

I prefer running Firefox vs Safari on my Mac.

Kind of like me running tubes on my KHorns... solid state (Safari) works, but tubes (Firefox) is waaaaay beter. Big Smile

Same here. I use Firefox almost exclusivly on my MacBook Pro. I was hearing about the issues with Safari and this forum, but Firefox on the Mac works perferctly.

Not much excitment on my end either. Did get one of those ASR 650 "Rock" speakers for my new deck (12 x 15 foot). Thinking I may go ahead and get Dave over at Raven Hifi to order me up a second one, now having a chance to here this thing. Sounds awesome as is, but thinking adding that second one may give a much more balanced sound and better coverage.

Right now, sitting in a hotel room in Anderson, IN - just north of Indianapolis. Was just at my family reunion today. Some of those folks I've not seen in years. After all the anticipation since Christmas when it was first planned, kinda sad that it is now over. Don't know when the next time I'll get to see some of these folks again. Sucks that I live way the hell out in Virginia, but most of the rest of the family is either here in general Indianapolis area or in Wisconsin. Will miss these folks. May end up putting up one of my nephews for a week next summer as he wants to attend the 2010 Boy Scout National Jamboree and I live but maybe 15/20 minutes from Fort AP Hill. Also may put up another as she and her husband wants to visit Kings Dominion as that is only 1/2 hour from my place.

At least tommorrow, may finally get to see the (in)famous "House of Klipsch" as I am planning on dropping down Colter's way. I am off from work through Wednesday, so I can easily spend the day or two there before heading back.

PS. Glad to hear you are still kicking around. It was fun to have gotten to meet and hang out a bit with you and your husband a couple years ago at the Klipsch Pilgrimage. Bummer to hear about your troubles with your stereo rig, though.

It's not all downers in Klipschland. See Customsteve's world-beating bike trip out West: "Devil Duck goes Cross Country" or "The Adventures... (http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/121888.aspx?PageIndex=1).

For example, here's his pic of the 1000-ft. drop from the bridge over Royal Gorge in Colorado:

DSC01769.jpg

LarryC,

That Gorge loos like fun!!

Get out the Rope and your Thor Rack, and I'll race ya to the bottom!!!

Roger

Right now, sitting in a hotel room in Anderson, IN - just north of Indianapolis.

Dude! Steven.... the Elusive Disc is in Anderson. Sure looks like a fun place to visti. Unless your bank account looks like mine then it'd be tortorous.

Just off I 69 at Madison avenue. http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=0,0,17309978471672415125&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&dq=elusive+disc+anderson+in&daddr=4020+Frontage+Rd,+Anderson,+IN+46013&geocode=12505537319584820027,40.046675,-85.693329&ei=aittSqS2E5H4NZ3DgfkG&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=directions-to&resnum=1

Google Elusive Disc Anderson IN if the above gnarly link doesn't work. It might be on your way to the "House of Klipsch". (Infamous now for sure as Michael was a very gracious host for the 2 nights I crashed there during IndyFest09 in the gallery room. Khorns!, Jubilees, Ah!, Music Hall, and Crown! Oh my!. Luckily I managed not to drool on anything other than myself.

That does suck your family is so far away. I know what you mean though except some of my family is pretty close to where I live and even closer to the reunion site and they don't even bother coming and many haven't for several years (like 15 minute drive - always the 3rd Sunday in July since sometime during the '50's we think and can prove as "meeting" minutes from 1 through 61 - fascinating stuff. I was allegedy "president" this year as my brother volunteered me last year to host with him while I was out playing horse shoes. Actually, the secretary, Mary in her first year, taking over for Helen who at 93 is slowing down ... a little, taking over for Margaret who was secratary from year 1 until she passed away maybe 20 years ago....(EDIT: the secretary does all the work - the "president" is supposed to run the "business" meeting - we actually approve the minutes - like anyone has ever complained, collect some cash to pay for the building - the old horse barn at the site of the Township school where Dad and a couple of other relatives graduated many years ago. Many if not all of the old class pictures - most composite of each student individually including Dad, Tyner School class of 1937 hang on the walls. And it's cheap like $50. They even air conditioned it a few years back, new restrooms a couple of years ago. Perfect spot for family reunion. Also a nice little park for the young kids.....sheesh, I think I need to find my tranquilizers...)

Maybe you could even pick up a disc or 2 at the Elusive Disc, that is if you can find anything you like.... I'm sure they'd have some more mainstream releases but'd be fun to go drool, er I mean peruse their wares and queue 'em up on Jubilees, Khorns, LaScalas, Cornwall, or MCMs' OH MY! (hmmm.... dang, wish I had a few more vacation days left.... plenty until 2 weeks ago when it was mandated that we're all taking the last 8 non-Holiday days of 2009 as vacation... [:(] I'm fortunate in that I still have 8 days and a couple of more. A few co-workers will be required to borrow from 2010 or take the days off without pay.....

Still thinking... maybe I'll figure out an excuse to go to Indy after work tomorrow ... daughter has band camp so no after work shopping for school ... maybe she'll need something from the music store just down the street from Micahael? And darn, I'd have to leave work early to get there before they close....

Enjoy your visit and have a safe journey home....

Coytee - Hugs! :) How does the black face work for you in comparison?

Shhhhhhhhh....not in public.... Embarrassed how many times do I have to tell you..... EmbarrassedLeft HugRight Hug

That was you?? I thought it was Ted Danson...

Hi Lisa! Guess what?? I STILL haven't listened to pauln's Trend amp you passed on to me! In that regard, I feel like a bit of a loser...I DO know where it is, though!!

Peeps? Cold Peeps

&

Sudden Force

Control Procedure:

As with all good experimentation, we started with a control. Here, see the effects of "sudden force" on a room temperature peep...

Experimental Procedure:

Next, of course, we had to get the Peeps cold. Now, we could have placed them in a refrigerator for a while, but we didn't feel like waiting.

So, we filled a bucket with liquid nitrogen (what else?) and dropped the Peep in.

The Peep was submerged in the -210 C nitrogen for about 60 seconds.

Upon removal, gentle pressure was applied...

...and the results evaluated.

Conclusion:

Taken together these data explain the previous observation that peeps are rarely found in polar regions (Falcon, Zimring 1994 submitted for publication*). The presence of peeps in such an environment would clearly lead to disastrous results as illustrated above.

Wrong PEEPS?http://www.peepresearch.org/nitrogen.html

post-37861-13819488269006_thumb.jpg

Right now, sitting in a hotel room in Anderson, IN - just north of Indianapolis.

Dude! Steven.... the Elusive Disc is in Anderson. Sure looks like a fun place to visti. Unless your bank account looks like mine then it'd be tortorous.

Just off I 69 at Madison avenue. http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=0,0,17309978471672415125&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&dq=elusive+disc+anderson+in&daddr=4020+Frontage+Rd,+Anderson,+IN+46013&geocode=12505537319584820027,40.046675,-85.693329&ei=aittSqS2E5H4NZ3DgfkG&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=directions-to&resnum=1

Google Elusive Disc Anderson IN if the above gnarly link doesn't work. It might be on your way to the "House of Klipsch". (Infamous now for sure as Michael was a very gracious host for the 2 nights I crashed there during IndyFest09 in the gallery room. Khorns!, Jubilees, Ah!, Music Hall, and Crown! Oh my!. Luckily I managed not to drool on anything other than myself.

I knew about Elusive Disc being in Anderson, but they did not appear to have a retail front that one can go into and shop around. They appeared to be strictly an online/mail order type of business. They are in a fairly non-descript building/wharehouse in an industrial park right off the interstate.

post-3829-1381948832414_thumb.jpg

I knew about Elusive Disc being in Anderson, but they did not appear to have a retail front that one can go into and shop around. They appeared to be strictly an online/mail order type of business. They are in a fairly non-descript building/wharehouse in an industrial park right off the interstate.

I thought their website once said they had a retail operation but I've not really checked it out lately.

Peeps? Cold Peeps & Sudden Force Control Procedure: As with all good experimentation, we started with a control. Here, see the effects of "sudden force" on a room temperature peep... Experimental Procedure: Next, of course, we had to get the Peeps cold. Now, we could have placed them in a refrigerator for a while, but we didn't feel like waiting. So, we filled a bucket with liquid nitrogen (what else?) and dropped the Peep in. The Peep was submerged in the -210 C nitrogen for about 60 seconds. Upon removal, gentle pressure was applied... ...and the results evaluated. Conclusion: Taken together these data explain the previous observation that peeps are rarely found in polar regions (Falcon, Zimring 1994 submitted for publication*). The presence of peeps in such an environment would clearly lead to disastrous results as illustrated above. Wrong PEEPS?http://www.peepresearch.org/nitrogen.html

I always just put the "PEEPS" in the toilet after Easter and practiced my aim by sinking them!! [:$]

Roger

Peeps? Cold Peeps & Sudden Force Control Procedure: As with all good experimentation, we started with a control. Here, see the effects of "sudden force" on a room temperature peep... Experimental Procedure: Next, of course, we had to get the Peeps cold. Now, we could have placed them in a refrigerator for a while, but we didn't feel like waiting. So, we filled a bucket with liquid nitrogen (what else?) and dropped the Peep in. The Peep was submerged in the -210 C nitrogen for about 60 seconds. Upon removal, gentle pressure was applied... ...and the results evaluated. Conclusion: Taken together these data explain the previous observation that peeps are rarely found in polar regions (Falcon, Zimring 1994 submitted for publication*). The presence of peeps in such an environment would clearly lead to disastrous results as illustrated above. Wrong PEEPS?http://www.peepresearch.org/nitrogen.html

I always just put the "PEEPS" in the toilet after Easter and practiced my aim by sinking them!! Embarrassed

Roger

Now we know where the TWISTED part comes from[:o] LOL

Welcome back Lisa[:D]