A few pics from my summer vacation

Hey Guys:

Just got back from the Outer Banks of N. C.

great beaches and wild horse roaming the northern end....great week except that my AC died in the SUV and had to drive 16 hours in 95 degree heat ....how did our parents do it before AC?

Hey, I'm old enough to remember riding like that with my parents. We mostly kept the windows open and took breaks to swim or play in the sprinkler.

BTW, very nice pics. Thanks for posting.

Hey Guys:

Just got back from the Outer Banks of N. C.

great beaches and wild horse roaming the northern end....great week except that my AC died in the SUV and had to drive 16 hours in 95 degree heat ....how did our parents do it before AC?

Hey, I'm old enough to remember riding like that with my parents. We mostly kept the windows open and took breaks to swim or play in the sprinkler.

BTW, very nice pics. Thanks for posting.

Well it wasn't that bad at highway speeds, but it took about 5 hours to get of the 2 lane from the beach and that was stop and go......then we hit bumper to bumper quite a few times and that was torture!!!!

My fam was complaining and I told them to " soldier up " thinking of our brave Men and Women stuck in a truck in the middle of the dessert in the Iraq...... Good friend of mine was Israeli special forces, and he's told me desert stories.....It got me through.....

Great pics Fender. Been there many times. The wild horses used to roam all the way to Kitty Hawk but the folks at Corolla erected a jetty to try and keep the horses from eating there well manicured lawns. Some still take to the water and swim around the jetty. May be munching on Jane Pauley or Tom Cruises pansies as we speak.

We vacation at Kill Devil Hills since the family has a cottage there. Crowded now......not like in the 70s. We usually go early spring and late September to avoid crowds. Use to go over to Collington and crab in the sound......crab stew or soft shelled crabs.

Thanks Tarheel....

sure is a great area! Been there several times. I know what you mean about the crowds, I want to go back in the off season to get the real experience. I usually stay close by to avoid traffic, thats why I like the 4X4 beach , and you do get so lazy you don't want to move!

It was a bit less crowded this year, with the economy in a slump, but I'm trying to get something together again...... My wifes family lives in Toronto Ca. and we are in FLA so it's good to meet about half way...... We keep threatening to buy a place, but not after the year I just had!!! one day.....

Nice Photography Michael !

As for the old days;

1) alot less trafic on the road.

2) Able to drive 85mph from Ohio to Florida without getting a ticket.

3) Alot less welfare, natural sellection weeded out most of the inbreeds on the road unlike today!

4) Hey!, it was pre global warming!

Hope you and yours had a great time anyhow!!

Rog

My oldest son got married this weekend and that was the first time I ever watched a true photographer at work. She really worked that camera. Different angles, up high, down low. She was on top of her game. I hope the pictures turn out good. Now I see the difference between pictures like yours and mine. People like you can work the camera and have a "eye" for it. Its an art. Myself, on the otherhand, point and shoot with a DSLR hoping the picture isn't blurry.

My oldest son got married this weekend and that was the first time I ever watched a true photographer at work. She really worked that camera. Different angles, up high, down low. She was on top of her game. I hope the pictures turn out good. Now I see the difference between pictures like yours and mine. People like you can work the camera and have a "eye" for it. Its an art. Myself, on the otherhand, point and shoot with a DSLR hoping the picture isn't blurry.

Thanks....my photo mentor refers to "it" as "seeing the light" and it really did take untold rolls of film and way to many hours in the darkroom before I got my "ah-ha moment" ...now I have my camera pretty much set to what I'm looking for and I wait for the right moment t present itself.......

I still have a lot to learn, and the digital age has made fooling around with technique much simpler...... but thats what I love about it, for me it is very relaxing. once i strap on a camera, the world just melts away!

fenderbender: My wife Verna and I have been to the outer banks numerous times and they are an unique and beautiful place to visit. Your photographs are wonderful. Nice work! Thanks for sharing them with us. -Glenn