Ranking Klipsch speakers

x97lyons

What does Colter know? It's not like he's heard ALL of them ya know... I'm sure there's at least one pair that he's never heard?

Just one???

Surprise

In all my years of collecting, listening, travelling- I've never spent any time at all in front of a pair of Belle Klipsch. Someone bring a pair over here post haste!

M [;)]

i have seen heard and presently own many heritage speakers- at present price levels- the 1500-1600 examples of K horns just cannot be passed up. This is the total no brainer of modern times in audio equipment- i sit in amazement in front of mine and shake my head in amazement at the sound/cost factor. At 1500 for a nice used pair -they are a joke- in a good way- buy yours before they go back up.

I readily concede that jubs or palads will win a head to head contest- At a lower price point- the Cornwalls are the clear winner. I dearly love mine. Pre owned K horns scare the heck out of speakers costing 4 times the price- have you sat down and listened to a properly set up pair??? AMAZING

At some time i hope to own a pair of Jubs- but realisicly.. how many of us have 6 grand for a proper pair?? - they are on my dream list.

The within reach factor gives the nod to the k horns- not just because I own them

I

• 4 months later...

The Belle--definately the best looking speaker in the history of Klipsch, in my opinion. Palladiums are beauties too; but, nothing compares to the look of a Belle.

I have to agree... however, I do like the look of the Klipschorn...

Just my opinion, but I think only Khorns need a corner, while other Klipsch speakers like a corner.

As well, I think pretty well all speakers can use the help of a sub.

Who'd have guessed that speakers have needs and wants, like most of their owners?

Subs??

KP-600s don't need no stinkin subs or corners or walls for that matter!! [6]

Roger

The best in order in my opinion.

#1 I have never heard it, but from the others I have heard must be the MWM 4-T Grands with a pair of KPT-684 subs. I know alot of you will pick the KPT-884, but for music, the 684 goes low enough, goes louder, is alot more efficient, and I already have a pair of Velodyne HGS-18IIs that go down to 15 Hz, so that point is mute.

#2 For critical listening only, it has got to be the Jubilees with the 402 and a kpt-684. I've heard them with and without the sub, and it isn't a contest.

#3 Not as revealing as the Jubilees, but for output and portabillity, with still great sound, and I've gotten to hear 4 stacks play in a pro settup with KP-450s, and I've gotten to hear 4 stacks by themselves, and I've gotten to hear them right next to MCM-1900 4 ways, what else needs to be said?

#4 MCM-1900 4 ways.

#5 TSCMs, and I agree with Indy / Roger here, the TSCM top hat is 3db hot for projecting through a screen, so it will sound better turned down on top or mated with an LSI top, but the enclosed Klipschorn is better then the home unit.

#6 Klipschorns, and I will stae for the record that if you have not heard them in a big room with at least 20 feet between them, you still have no idea how good they can sound.

#7 Here on down depends on if you want critical listening or to crank it up....

Roger