Vikings 11-3

wuzzzer

D indeed sucked in the 2nd half from the highlights that I saw. game not carried in Charlotte- I was pissed.

This at least further proves that Farve is one of the greatest QBs of our time and a class act. Rare these days in professional sports.

7-1!!! go vikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This at least further proves that Farve is one of the greatest QBs of our time and a class act. Rare these days in professional sports.

He is a good QB; but, he still will be carrying Joe Montana's luggage for him. Probably Steve Young and John Elway's too.

I don't know what happened yesterday; but, on the radio i heard a commentator saying something about "class less Packer fans" so that leads me to believe that something was going on in the stands or parking lot.

he is one hell of a manipulator and 40yr old QB.

In 2007 Green Bay was 14-4 with 2 playoff games under Farve. In 2008 they were 6-10 and this year 4-3 under Rodgers with a schedule that will probably put them behind Chicago and out of the playoffs again. Favre has given Green Bay alot to be proud of up there in Cheese land then they boo him off the field. Give me a break.

Rodgers is a good quarterback but like Jay Cutler he likes to play the blame game. If you are going to hang onto the ball for 6-7 seconds in the NFL you are going to get sacked plain and simple.

To be clear I had two thoughts about him. He is a great manipulator #1 and He is a great 40yr old quarterback #2.

Stormin, yes those things you wrote are true. Its also true that Farve manipulated the Packers and the Jets based on retirement promises. Last time I checked he isn't retired, but thats right now. I like Ol' Brett and hope he does good, but he is what he is.

Its also true that Farve manipulated the Packers and the Jets based on retirement promises. Last time I checked he isn't retired, but thats right now. I like Ol' Brett and hope he does good, but he is what he is.

My opinion about that deal which may not mean much is that he was pretty upset for not getting a little more help at the end of that 2007 season. I believe he wanted the Superbowl maybe more than anyone else in Green Bay. The loss to the Giants was more than he could handle. Why didn't they win? Well that blame can be spread around the team and ownership.

I just feel that was a two way street and the management and ownership was as much to blame as Farve. But obvioulsy he just got the last laugh.

Question for you anti replay types: Lets suppose the product were....... say a speaker and rather than QA it (replay) we just went from producion straight to shipping. In the process a tweeter driver was left out. Would you be willing to accept that this was just the human element of speaker manufacturing and accept it or woud you rather have the QA dept replay it and get it right?

Question for you anti replay types: Lets suppose the product were....... say a speaker and rather than QA it (replay) we just went from producion straight to shipping. In the process a tweeter driver was left out. Would you be willing to accept that this was just the human element of speaker manufacturing and accept it or woud you rather have the QA dept replay it and get it right?

i see your point; but, that is hard to put into a sports viewing reference. I wouldn't like it if i picked out the speakers that i wanted, paid for them, THEN had to wait for the QA dept to replay them to ensure that they were okay. Personally, I'm in favor of replay; but, i want it done as quickly as possible so not to interrupt the flow of the game. On that point, the NFL is blowing it big time.

Do you not select from the choices available through your paid service which game you want to watch? The analogy is there.

To me the human element of the game is the guy carrying the ball making the catch. The official are part of the QA, process, to make sure the process if followed as prescribed. The replay is just a more indepth analysis of teh product. But I agree make it quick, I like the way College does it better, they review and if more time is needed to get it right they take it. IOW they have QA built into the game not as an adjunct aspect of it.

I've just watched a lot of bad calls and would prefere they get it right and then move on.

When compared to the wife beaters- strip club shooters- drunk driving murderers- stabbers who get away scot free(Ray Lewis) and of course lets not forget the dog torturing super thug- Michael Vick-- I would say that Farve is a pretty classy guy. I thought he kept his comments well in check after the booing at GB. He is on nearly every commercial on the hunting shows and is a great role model in my book. I will take Farve over the Gangstas any day.Professional sports have degraded in general to a thug mentality. This resurgence of Farve is wonderful thing to see. He has won over the Vikings locker room and has the respect of every player as a leader. Al things considered I will throw out the business deals with the teams and the indecision.

Go Vikes-- give them hell Brett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad there is still 1/2 a season to go. Brett's 40yr old arm looks real good right now, but how bout week 16? Lets consider that for now. Whole lotta work left to do.

I wonder if you asked players around the league about ol' Brett, what would they say? I'm thinking manipulator.

Now if I compare Brett the worst acting 3 or 4 at the bottom of the whole NFL, Yes, he does look mighty fine.[8-)]

Being over 40 myself, I really hope Brett's body hangs in there for the long haul, but I'm not counting on it.

I think everybody is holding their breath concerning Brett's age and condition. This has got to be the toughest 40 year old that I have ever seen- but the injury potential is very likely. Worst acting(who were stupid enough to get caught) 4 maybe- but the thug mentality looms large in all pro sports. It had all but ruined the NBA. Way too much in the NFl. We need more Brett Farves and Fewer pacman Jones.Unfortuantely I dont see that happening given the antics that are tolerated at the HS and college level. say what you want about Brett but he is way up the ladder in terms of a decent human being compared to many if not most of those around him.

Seems that some are jumping into Brett's pants before he takes them off.

You also have to consider the quality of people that he has around him. Last year in New York wasn't a great year for him either. Can you tell me that Aaron Rogers had the exact same people the Brett did?

Then this talk about all the Gangstas in the league. So by numbers how many are there? Winchester21 stated that there are more of them then Brett Farves', really that must be a lot of Gangstas, so if that is true give me the numbers. When you only hear about the bad and never about the good does that mean that there are more bad guy then good guys? Even if it's that same people over and over again it's seam like the bad guys numbers keep growing. Now I do understand that the league has some people that don't have the mindset that they should but that is the leagues fault and the specific teams. If they don't want to deal with it and you don't want to deal with it then stop watching and going to the games, it's that easy.

James

Seems that some are jumping into Brett's pants before he takes them off.

James

That's way out of line.

Yeah Rodgers first year with a 6-10 record had the same folks that Farve had the year before with the 14-4 record with 2 playoff games. Rodgers has along way to go to even be discussed in the same sentence with Farve.

Nobody said Brett Farve is perfect but he does make for a descent role model in this day and age.

• 2 weeks later...