Vikings 11-3

wuzzzer

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few surprises this year--some teams having great success others none at all. Can you believe how bad Tennessee is looking--what happened to their defense? was haynesworth everything or something? I think Brady is finally comfortable with his knee rehab, so i suspect he'll play good for the remainder of the year. I think he was a tentative the first few weeks, as I've heard that is normal for athletes coming back after serious injuries.

Whheeeeew, we dodged one there!!!!! I mean holy 4th quarter heart
attack!!! AP had a good game as did Brett but Baltimore was
able to get the answer after a while, can't play like that at
home.......but GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!! on second thought I need another
one of these!

I am looking for the Farve doubters- they seem to be hard to find these days- plenty at the start of the season.

close- yes... but still 6-0- that is all that matters- on the next one- My panthers suck so bad this year- nice having somebody to pull for.

Go Brett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BS Tripping call cost the Vikes the game. Shoot the ref.Horrible horrible call.

Don't forget the BS interference call on Heath Miller earlier in the game that cost the Steelers a touchdown.

Yup, must be the refs. Nothing to do with Brett getting the ball swiped out of his hand or the running back who missed a five yard throw, or all the times the Steelers D stifled the V's. It's always the refs. [:D]

Good game though!

Greg

Boo. Well, I think its good they lost a game at this point. They don't have the pressure of going the entire season undefeated. After all, another team who went undefeated recently didn't fare too well when it came Super Bowl time...

Well the player who was called for tripping definately got his revenge on the KO return, since he was the one who laid out the ref. Its always the refs fault when somebody's team loses. Just like all those Mich. State fans after Iowa beat them; blaming the refs.[;)]

The Vikes gave the game away. One int/fumble return for TD is enough, but then a second one less that 5 minutes later? The Steelers defense wanted it more than the Vikes did at the end of this game. I am a life-long Vikings fan, but gotta congradulate the Steeler "D" for their performance on the stretch of the game.

They could of won the game, but didn't. Bret's aura of perfection is gone now; just get back to playing straight up football.

Bret's aura of perfection is gone now; just get back to playing straight up football.

I don't think anyone ever saw him as perfect but to say any of that was his fault is a stretch. He makes great passes down the field twice in the last 5 minutes and then the O line collapses and the defensive player was fortunate to get a hand on the ball. Ok, I give, toss up between Farve and the O line for that blunder. But the second time down on the 10 yard line. Well, that was all Chester Taylor and he knew it was on him. Last thing to do is take your eye off the ball down there that close to the end zone and whatever you do dont knock it up in the air for grabs.

Oldest QB in the game and with 12 TDs and only 2 INTs that isn't to shabby.

Peterson is there of course but I think the rest of the team needs to play at Farves level if they plan on going the distance.

OK I will play on this issue- refs are human- granted- but this year in many cases -just wrong if not downright stupid. Look at the SEC games with FLA and BAMA. The refs have given them victories thus year. The NFL refs have been frigging horrible. Not just bad calls on my teams- across the board.

I was against booth reviews and challenges at the beginning. Now I have changed my tune 180 degrees. More booth reviews- give the coaches 4 challenge flags. The fans pay too much money for tickets for Refs to decide the outcome.

I maintain that the tripping call- blasted as horrible by many sportscasters- had a major impact on the outcome of the game- it was total BS.

Just my 2 cts worth.

OK I will play on this issue- refs are human- granted- but this year in many cases -just wrong if not downright stupid. Look at the SEC games with FLA and BAMA. The refs have given them victories thus year. The NFL refs have been frigging horrible. Not just bad calls on my teams- across the board.

I was against booth reviews and challenges at the beginning. Now I have changed my tune 180 degrees. More booth reviews- give the coaches 4 challenge flags. The fans pay too much money for tickets for Refs to decide the outcome.

I maintain that the tripping call- blasted as horrible by many sportscasters- had a major impact on the outcome of the game- it was total BS.

Just my 2 cts worth.

I tend to agree.

I don't like the delays of reviews though, it really takes the steam out of the momentum of the game.

Favre is just an awesome football player, a real joy to watch.

Greg

OK I have only one comment and it goes to the Vikings 2nd half Defense... KNOCK that crap off. You put a team a away in the 1st half and then let em back in the game in the 2nd half repeatedly this season. IMO there is no killer instinct. That is a recipe for one and done in the playoffs.

But anyway YYYYESSSS 7-1 and a sweep of GB in Lambeau!!!!!!!!

I hear you greg--most of the replay reviews seem to take soooo long. But, i'm not a believer in that errors are that "human element" of the game (at least that's what they say in baseball) so they should be accepted as a legitimate part of the game. Nobody is perfect, i get that; but, the reviews could be done more quickly.