Vikings 11-3

wuzzzer

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that I'm glad Favre signed on. I never cared for him while he was at Green Bay but he is one amazing quarterback.

Its because we are so biased for our own teams to win we fail to see greatness.

He was twice the quarterback in his prime.

I have to say that I'm glad Favre signed on. I never cared for him while he was at Green Bay but he is one amazing quarterback.

Its because we are so biased for our own teams to win we fail to see greatness.

He was twice the quarterback in his prime.

does that mean that jamarcus russell is ever worse than i think he is?

Nervous about the Bears playing the Vikings...that game should pick the front runner for the year. My guess is a split with home teams taking each one between packers, bears and vikings. Anyone who takes one away from home should win the division. I think the Vikings look better than the Bears and the Packers...but one game can swing the division. The metrodome is a horrible place to play away from home though...so I think the Vikings are front runners...but if the Bears beat the Packers at home and take a game at the Metrodome, it changes the everything...could just be one game, but those games will be huge.

Nervous about the Bears playing the Vikings...that game should pick the front runner for the year. My guess is a split with home teams taking each one between packers, bears and vikings. Anyone who takes one away from home should win the division. I think the Vikings look better than the Bears and the Packers...but one game can swing the division. The metrodome is a horrible place to play away from home though...so I think the Vikings are front runners...but if the Bears beat the Packers at home and take a game at the Metrodome, it changes the everything...could just be one game, but those games will be huge.

Gotta love it this year!!

Poor Rams. Still rootin' for them though. I was glad to see them score 10 points. Indifferent

So Amy,

Will we still be able to post about the Rams if Rush Limbaugh buys them? [;)]

Just kidding.

I'm a Rams fan from waaay back. I just wish my St Louis son-in-law appreciated the Rams or the Cardinals. Though he did go to the Dodgers - Cardinals game this weekend. (he's a Dodger fan)

I have a friend that is a Rams fan...feel bad for him, but then again, they won the superbowl not too long ago...well...10 years now haha. He has had 4 season tickets since they moved to St. Louis, so I go to every Bears game there and I get tickets when they play in Chicago. He said he would be happy if Rush and The Blues owner group bought the team, becuase they would stay in St. Louis since Rush is from Mo. That team is going to need a lot of rebuilding...and looking forward to go see them play at Soldier Field in December

It's really hard to say without knowing his work ethic. If it's none existent then it is really showing. I heard something that Jeff Garcia said, take it like a grain of salt if you want, he mentioned that he does have the potential to be a great quarterback. So I don't know if it's just because he isn't applying himself of the line isn't holding up, that is hard to say.

It's hard for me since I am a Raiders fan, since I was in elementary school, and not be able to watch any games without getting the NFL package from Comcast. Every year I still look out for them and still wear my Raiders gear, I catch a lot of flack from my friends but that's ok cause I can dish it back out to them.

GO RAIDERS......

James

Pretty easy game today against a team who hasn't won a game yet this season. I have to say that I'm glad Favre signed on. I never cared for him while he was at Green Bay but he is one amazing quarterback.

Another thing that he hasn't had in a long time is all the weapons that he can sit back and choose from and the time he's getting to do it in. This Viking team can really be dangerous, it is already but just give them more time to work together and who knows what can happen, a lot of young players for him to pick from.

James

It's really hard to say without knowing his work ethic. If it's none existent then it is really showing. I heard something that Jeff Garcia said, take it like a grain of salt if you want, he mentioned that he does have the potential to be a great quarterback. So I don't know if it's just because he isn't applying himself of the line isn't holding up, that is hard to say.

It's hard for me since I am a Raiders fan, since I was in elementary school, and not be able to watch any games without getting the NFL package from Comcast. Every year I still look out for them and still wear my Raiders gear, I catch a lot of flack from my friends but that's ok cause I can dish it back out to them.

GO RAIDERS......

James

I hear you--tough times for raider nation; but, I'm sticking with them. Matter of fact, wearing a raiders sweatshirt right now.

i read the local newspaper on the internet, and from what I've read the work ethic is extremely bad. It is claimed that he doesn't watch film, is the last to arrive and first to leave; supposedly he was fined for missing meetings (but he claims he didn't miss any meetings but admitted to being fined for being overweight--he's put on 20 pounds). In my opinion, they should bench him and with the backup in there, you will quickly see how much of the problem is Russell. The scary thing is that Steve Young said on tv, that the Raiders have simplified the offense as much as they can. In his opinion, it isn't even a pro-style offense anymore--and Russell is still struggling. I watched yesterday and his accuracy is very bad and he locks in on a receiver and that's it. Watch replays and he has other receivers wide open and he doesn't see them because he can only handle focusing on one receiver. Also, he got sacked twice yesterday after not being able to pick up the fact that he was under pressure. The announcers attributed that to the fact that he was too busy focusing only on who he was going to throw the ball to. I get crap from my co-workers for being a raider fan. Either Al Davis jokes, or comments about violence in the stands. Personally, never felt unsafe attending a game; but, then i'm always wearing silver & black too.

I also heard about some of those things about him being the last to get to meetings and the first to leave, an over paid baby. I agree bench him and see how fast he turns his attitude around. Then again he could just sit the side line and get paid for nothing, depending on his contract.

Personally, never felt unsafe attending a game; but, then i'm always wearing silver & black too.

That is on my list of things to do, visit The Black Hole. I might get my chance since my cousin is stationed out there for a few years so I just might have to visit him and go to a game.

I know all about the bashing, I'm a Mets fan also. I was able to attend a game at Shea last year, as the last year for Shea, so that was cool.

James

LOL! No comment.

I'll comment, he's horrible. I don't care how much film he does or doesn't watch, he's horrible. The running backs have no chance. McFadden stays hurt because he gets killed. Look at what the addition of Farve has done for Peterson this year. Peterson was always great but this will be a special year for him.

I honestly don't know what Al Davis sees in Russell. Just heard on the radio and then read on the internet, that Al was so pissed that he's sent out word to numerous teams about trades. Jay Glazer (reporter) said he had talked to about 4 or 5 GMs that all said that they received the same message from the Raiders today "who on our team do you want?" Sadly, and I mean very sadly, the only two players off-limits were Asumaga and Jamarcus Russell. Now, I'll agree with Asumaga--he's a great player; but, what does Al see in Russell? I think Russell is the biggest problem. Tony Dungy said, and I agree, that Al needs to relinquish control of the team to someone else. Al built a great franchise and now he's tearing it down.

All you fans of teams doing poorly.... try being a diehard fan of the Bengals through their years...oops, decades of desolation. I feel your pain....

First game of this year....Denver.... comeback touchdown by the Bengals with something like 22 seconds on the clock to win it!!! Oops.... nope.... darned tipped pass to the arms of a Denver player and Denver scores something like an 85 yard touchdown leaving only 11 seconds on the clock. Damn...looking like it's going to be yet another long Bengals season full of their creative ways to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.

Enter then... the next four games. Wow. Nailbiters to the end!

If the season ended today and they had no chance of the playoffs I would have enjoyed it. Always nice beating some of your conference rivals in their own home!!!

Cincinnatti looks good. That Denver coach (Josh Patten) is about 100 pounds of dynamite ready to blow. Scares me to death. I felt sorry for the guy who ran into the kicker. Surprised about Buffalo. Brady Quinn wants to be traded. Doesn't want to get all fouled up in the head like all previous Browns quarterbacks.

JJK