WF-35's

Budman

• Moderators

I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble. We take great precautions with our packaging, and do all kind of drop testing both in and out of packaging. Can you tell me where they were purchased? Were they factory sealed? Also, did they ship by truck (freight) or standard package shipping?

Please let me know how I can help.

Thanks

• Moderators

Amy, you know and i know and every one who buys new speakers knows there is not enough packing inside the boxes.

Actually, I don't. I'm not involved in the packaging design. But that's irrelevant... I do know that all our products are drop tested with and without the packaging, and pass all standards. It would not behoove us in the least to have to keep replacing product over and over again.

Please let me know the details of the situation so we can actually help, and makes changes if necessary. It could be since these were built for speciatly dealers (who aren't supposed to sell online), we may need to look at a redesign above standards. But we need evidence of problems before such actions can be taken.

It would help if I knew the dealer, the method of shipment, if these were previously opened, and pictures if possible.

amy.unger@klipsch.com

Thanks!

........................... i won't accept them because you can see the speaker thru the box. the box is very important to me. the condition of both boxes is trashed. i cannot use these boxes to ship these in the future.........................

I like to keep the boxes for most of my equipment also. But were the speakers themselves damaged? If not, then the boxes apparently did their job. The only other option (if you like your boxes to always arrive in pristine condition) would be to ask your vendor to double-box for shipment.

• Moderators

Amy, my son bought these from one of your on line dealers that you have listed on your website. are they allowed to ship these to me?

If they are listed on our site, then yes. We have opened up distribution beyond speciality retailers for these. But if any of those dealers are shipping open boxed merchandise as new, or not using freight service with hand-truck delivery or without speicific handing instructions, of course we need to know.

Thanks for your assistance!

• 2 weeks later...

guess what, UPS delivered the 2nd set today and the boxes are in worse shape than the first set. told the driver you can't keep delivering these with big holes in them. i said whats your name so i can talk to your supervisor and he said don't you worry about what my name is.

last klipsch purchase

it's a ups issue, not klipsch. cardboard is not indestructable, but ups drivers are trainable.

• Moderators

guess what, UPS delivered the 2nd set today and the boxes are in worse shape than the first set. told the driver you can't keep delivering these with big holes in them. i said whats your name so i can talk to your supervisor and he said don't you worry about what my name is.

last klipsch purchase

Again, I'm sorry about the problem - it is completely ridiculous.

However, I'm not sure why you would never buy Klipsch again based on how a dealer is shipping their products in general, and how UPS is treating those shipments? Have you tried talking to us about it? Have you taken pictures that you can send us? We're here to help!

I have alerted the sales rep of the dealer as to the problem, and hopefully they are correcting their shipping methods. Like I said, if this were being shipped by Klipsch, it would be by a trucking company with special instructions to ship upright, not stacked, and use a hand truck and lift gate service.

last klipsch purchase

You are rediculous.

Budman, these two items do not make sense:

i have the UPS drivers personal phone number because he a friend and
delivers in my area for the last 20 years. i snapped. he knows from
previous deliverys that he is the only one allowed on my property and
no one else from UPS.

told the driver you can't keep delivering these with big holes in them.
i said whats your name so i can talk to your supervisor and he said
don't you worry about what my name is.

[^o)]

I've shipped many sets of speakers ups,last set was rf83 and rc64 over 1000 miles away,in original boxes,they arrived perfect according to the buyer(a member here).If I were buying big speakers I'd buy local,but I've never had a problem with ups,and certainly not with Klipsch.Maybe ups don't like you.[;)]

Budman, these two items do not make sense:

i have the UPS drivers personal phone number because he a friend and

delivers in my area for the last 20 years. i snapped. he knows from

previous deliverys that he is the only one allowed on my property and

no one else from UPS.

told the driver you can't keep delivering these with big holes in them.

i said whats your name so i can talk to your supervisor and he said

don't you worry about what my name is.

Hmm

Maybe ups don't like you.Wink

starting to notice a pattern ..