Waiting for new toys always sucks. ....or, so it seems.

picky

Call me impatient: I ordered a pair of new Klipsch Image S4 Headphones this week from the Klipsch site. I got free shipping and they are expected to be delivered on Tuesday via Fed Ex. The waiting is KILLING ME! LOL - Glenn

Try this one- Looking at and making payments on a new Porsche that you can't drive for 3 months with a shattered ankle. Ask me how bad that sucked.

i don't think it's good for a porsche to sit for three months. i'd better buy fly out and drive it out to california and then back again, so it's broke in for you once you recover in about a year or two. (i wouldn't suggest rushing back from an ankle injury).

i don't think it's good for a porsche to sit for three months. i'd better buy fly out and drive it out to california and then back again, so it's broke in for you once you recover in about a year or two. (i wouldn't suggest rushing back from an ankle injury).

I actually got to do something like that when I was 18. A friend had a minor crash on his new 650 Triumph and injured his ankle. It wasn't too serious, but he couldn't walk on it for a couple of weeks and asked me to break it in for him. No problem! I lived near Quebec City then, so of course I rode it to Montreal and back (140 miles each way), along with lots of local rides. It was an enjoyable couple of weeks.

Call me impatient

Picky.....you're impatient. Big Smile

SWL: Hey, thanks, man; that just what I deserved. LOL [:)]

Budman: Sorry to learn of your misfortune. Please do post those photos. Thanks.

windchester21: Oh, man; that would just suck. If it had been an automatic, maybe you could have driven it, but where's the fun in driving a Porsche that isn't a stick? Do they even make an auto trans for those? Sacrilege!

picky,

Waiting is the tough part, I know how it feels I am waiting for my Klipsch X-10's and Senn HD800's...[:'(] When you get your headphones you will smile, good things come to those who wait...just not too long. [:P]

Listening to some Jeff Beck...on my Klipsch Custom-3's... [:D]

Nice choice. So you didn't get Amy to hand deliver it straight to your door? WinkStick out tongue

I think I'm gonna get me a set of the S4i to go with my iphone.

I did and they work very good. I can hear clearly and those i'm talking to say they can hear me clearly as well. I was a little disappointed with them music wise though. Maybe it's impossible to get good bottom end in an earpiece??? Acoustical songs sound awesome; but, when a harder rock song is on--it sounds very tinney. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase though.

THEY'RE HERE! The Image S4's arrived this afternoon via FedEx. I tried them out and wound up experimenting with all three sized ear cups that came with them. According to my Ear, Nose and Throat doctor, I have rather small ear openings as compared to average. I have been using a pair of cheap Sony earbuds in the interim because our local Best Buy was sold out of the Klipsch ones at the time (about 6 months ago) and they don't stock S4s. With the Sonys, I have to use the smallest ears cups. However, the S4's ship with the medium cups installed.

When I first tried the Klipsch S4s on with the medium cups, they seemed to fit pretty well and the treble and mids were nice and crisp and accurate-sounding. I could here a lot of detail that I missed using the Sony's, but what would you expect from a $30 pair of Sony earbuds? The bass with the S4s was not bad, but somewhat lacking. I went to the smallest cups and man, the bass was even less and they didn't fit well at all, so I got worried. I then tried the largest cups, but I didn't expect them to fit very well due to what I know about my ear openings. Actually, they fit perfect and wow: the bass was not only back but man, there was more than ever and it was clean and tight! The sound from my Sansung Eternity phone has never sounded better and because the S4s are so efficient, they play louder than the Sonys do (the Sony's really lacked volume on this phone). In comparison to the S4s, the Sonys sound dull and muddy. I didn't buy the S4i because I do not have an iphone. I can't wait to go to the office tomorrow and give these babies a long listen. I hope I don't have many meetings tomorrow! LOL

The S4s were well worth the short wait and I really like the nice Klipsch, crush-proof tin they came in with the cleaning tool and different sized cups. My wife and I remember trying out the prototypes for the Klipsch headphones at the Indy Pilgrimage a few years ago and we fell in love with them then. The trouble was, the earlier models had much higher price points and that is more than Verna and I are willing to pay for earbuds. But these S4s are under $100, comfortable and seem well worth the price. Nice job, Klipsch! - Glenn

• Moderators

Glad to hear that, you big eared sucker [:$] Just kidding [;)]

Glad you like them, one day I will break down and get some, I wanted the custom 3 model but the price was more than I could talk myself into as little as I would use them, might have to try another model one day.