11,820 Christmas lights

dtel

• Moderators

I want to thank all of you for the nice comments. I think next year we will put out a few more lights. I want one of those timers that are set to the music you program in the software. I guess dtel needs to do some research and figure out which one will suit our future displays the best!

Let us see pics of your Christmas lights or at least pics of your Christmas tree!!!!!

That looks awesome. I watched a program last night about people who do the music programmable stuff and it looks really cool. Sometimes the neighbours have a problem with soo many lights they call the cops and stuff. I think if you have a probl;em with my lights...MOVE. [:D] Great stuff.

• Moderators

That looks awesome. I watched a program last night about people who do the music programmable stuff and it looks really cool. Sometimes the neighbours have a problem with soo many lights they call the cops and stuff. I think if you have a probl;em with my lights...MOVE. Big Smile Great stuff.

Dtel and I discussed this very issue. If we do the "lights to music" thing it will certainly draw a crowd. We are the first house on a dead end road. Anyone that comes to see the display would have to drive about a mile or a mile and half to the end of the road to turn around. Otherwise....the neighbors would probably complain about folks turning around in their driveway. One good thing....the nearest neighbor is far enough away the lights will not disturb them....however....if the traffic flow were to increase I am certain a few "complainers" would emerge.[:(]

• Moderators

is eldon's real name clark w. griswold?

No way I just wire like him...I am really the brother in law that came to visit in the motor home ! Surprise

do you have a pair of those shiny white shoes too Yes

As a matter of fact, I made him trade in the "shiny white shoes" for "shrimp boots"....down here it's a requirement that you have white shrimp boots....that's a real sign of a coon a$$:

post-20052-13819524738262_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I see what you are talking about with the neighbors, we took the easy way, just lights, you neighbors looks like a lot of work and would take much more room to store the rest of the year.

I like yours especially the lights in the plants, how did you keep such green grass this time of the year with the temperatures you have had up there ?

• Moderators

I see what you are talking about with the neighbors, we took the easy way, just lights, you neighbors looks like a lot of work and would take much more room to store the rest of the year.

I know, I get exhausted just thinking about what he does every single year.

how did you keep such green grass this time of the year with the temperatures you have had up there ?

Beats me! I haven't fertilized since spring. 2009 has been a good lawn-year for us [:)]. This was taken Thanksgiving weekend...

Very nice dtel.

My parents always had a huge yard display and the inside of the house was stuffed too. For several years, starting about a week before Christmas, my Dad would put on a Santa outfit and stand out in the front yard to talk to kids who's parents would stop to look at their lights. He'd ask them what they wanted for Christmas, if they had been good, give them a candy cane, and firmly tell them they needed to obey their parents 'cause he was still watching them.

LOL.....once he asked a little boy if he'd been good and the boy said "Yeah". Dad asked, "Are you sure?" and the boy said, "Well Santa....I really didn't mean to break Mommy's china doll, but the glue worked." Immediately his Mom's head spun around and with darting eyes said, "WHAT did you just say???" I almost fell on the ground. He was so busted.

BTW dtel, if for whatever reason you find yourself on the coast near Pass Christian, on east second street almost to Long Beach there's a guy that has one of those electronic light displays sync'd to music that broadcasts over FM. It's super cool.

Tom

• Moderators

BTW dtel, if for whatever reason you find yourself on the coast near Pass Christian, on east second street almost to Long Beach there's a guy that has one of those electronic light displays sync'd to music that broadcasts over FM. It's super cool.

Tom

I will tell christy, that's what she wants to set up now, I don't know about that, I keep hoping she forgets.