11,820 Christmas lights

dtel

• Moderators

December 25 is my wife's birthday so she likes everything Christmas including lights. She has enough Christmas decorating stuff in the house that it takes up about 10 of those big plastic boxes with the snapping lids to store everything after the holidays, about a truck load.

11,820 lights outside, it's spread out on 5- 20 amp breakers and took about 3 days to put out, my wifes Brother Claude did 90% of the lights, he seems to love doing it. [Y]

post-11804-13819524572232_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I just love Christmas!!! I really like seeing the Christmas lights lit up every night. Dtel and my brother did a great job. The effort and time they put into this project really means a lot to me.

We live about 12 miles outside of "town" so it's not like a whole lot of folks will see the lights....but dtel and my brother did it for me! [:D]

I just love Christmas!!! I really like seeing the Christmas lights lit up every night. Dtel and my brother did a great job. The effort and time they put into this project really means a lot to me.

We live about 12 miles outside of "town" so it's not like a whole lot of folks will see the lights....but dtel and my brother did it for me! Big Smile

From town, I'd say it's worth the drive.

Very cool display.

• Moderators

It has a trippy Alice In Wonderland thing going on .

Well at night putting out lights if you look down toward all the lights on the lower plants it does tend to get you a little dizzy. [:S]

Beautiful!!!

Do you have your FAA permit? It is probably a nice air traffic control beacon if visible at 20,000 feet LOLOL!!! Cool

The funny thing is, is that is not to far-fetched.

When my parents where still living in Columbus, OH, my father used to put up a huge X-mas display like that. One night, my father was listening to his scanner, which was also able to pickup air-traffic radio traffic from the airport. Turned out that there were indeed pilots using my dad's X-mas display as a reference to find the approach to the airport!

BTW, Awesome display DTel. Now, I just need to get off my *** to at least put up the Christmas tree!