svs pb13 ultra

hdrider_64

Hey guys, been looking for an rsw-15 to go with recently purchased rf-7's, rc-7, rs-7's. Having no luck finding one close to me so am considering buying the SVS PB13 ultra. Have read some reviews and it sounds like an awesome sub. However, i dont know anyone who actually has one. ANyone out there heard one in person or own one themselves? Thanks

I have a pb12/2 ultra which I like very much. I haven't had anything to compare it too. It works well with my belles and for my HT.

another plus for the 12/plus 2, and nothing used before it that would be a fair comparison

another plus for the 12/plus 2, and nothing used before it that would be a fair comparison

I've had a 12+2 also. You're right, there's not alot out there to compare it to. What a great sub.

I love my PB-12 Ultra/2. [Y]

I put my PB-12 Plus/2 directly on top of it (they're exactly the same box) and tuned them to jive with each other. Awesome.

BTW......I had two RSW-15's and the SVS's were much more impressive IMO. [:D]

I have a very similar setup to you. RF-7's FL/R and RC-7.

My PB-13 Ultra has been a very good match with these. Tuned at 15hz, the SVS will provide a very robust low end. However, this sub is very large and very heavy. Little or no chance of hiding it in most rooms and it will take two people to move it. It is capable of literally shaking pictures off the wall and small objects off the shelf at reference levels. I would test for rattles in the HT and plan accordingly.

Hope this helps.

-Alex-

Depends on what kind of calibration/equalization software you have on your receiver/preamp.

If you have the audyssey multieqXT or MCACC on your receiver/preamp, AND you only have one sub, then no, it probably won't be worth the $$$.

If you don't have either, OR you have two subs (non colocated) then you would likely benefit from a sub eq.

-Alex-

I've got a similiar setup and was scared when it arrived. When BAX showed up at my house and gave me a box on a half pallet I was worried. I helped the guy unload it off the truck. I stared at it outside for a few minutes as I wasn't sure if I should tell the guy take it back.

I had read that the PB13 U was big but wasn't really ready for it, I had told my wife it was BIG, when she came home that day she said "You didn't tell me it was the size of a mini refridgerator!!!!!". Beware it is big.

The next thing that scared me was with no calibration and set extremely low ( i didn't know what to expect) I popped in a movie, U571 depth charge scene. it started off I was smiling and giddy like a school girl, then I scramble for the remote as my house starts to shake.

I will say this, have fun, you will not be disappointed.