Time Warner Cable is a RIP OFF!

I had Verizon FIOS and now I wish that I had them back

Time Warner Cable RIP OFF "Triple Play" deal turns out to be less than good.

The service is low end and the customer service, billing and LACK of honesty (Offer you one thing, charge you for another thing) is VERY BAD.

How can I get Time Warner Cable (RIP OFFS) to stick to what they offered?

Has anyone had any luck in getting them to get honest and do the right thing?

Noah, in the Hudson Valley of New York.

Noah...I have never dealt with time warner cable, as we only have Comcast in our area, however, what has worked for me in the past is to find a competitor's offer such as direct tv or dish network, call them and tell them you have been offered this package from them and you want to know if there is anything they can do to make their rates competitive or you will switch.

You didn't say what the specific problem is but I'm guessing you are stuck with a contract for a year or more? I've found cable companies customer service to be about as poor as it gets. I use them for phone and internet but I'm keeping my directv, with excellent customer service.

What's your specific issue?

Thanx, Russ

Noah:

Check the AVS forum for the Cleveland TWC section in the "Local HDTV Info & Reception" section if you want to be inundated in a morass of constant complaints about TWC's incompitant service. You might check the New York section also.

JJK

No they will not do the right thing. Direct TV- scumbags-One of my receivers started getting hot enough to fry egg- I shut it off- DTV wanted a new 2 yr contrat to change out the 2 units for ones that worked- I was not under contract-- told then to go ---- themselves. They figured the final bill at full retail with no credit for 45 days of service on 1 reciever and partial service on another receiver- the second one would pixel and would have to be rebooted about twice a week for the last 6 months. Long story short- they took debit card info from previoius payment and hit my bank account without my knowledege or authorization.I filed a bank dispute and it is under review by the bank.

So I switched to Time Warner- My first bill was 28 dollars higher than they quoted me. I was supposed to get 3 free months of DVR service-charged at full price. To fight with these idiots rerquires a 30 minute wait on hold. I am ready to just pay it rather than stay on hold to talk with these idiots. The channel guide function is horrible. DTV had better picture and sound.

I wish you luck fighting with them- reserve plenty of phone time for this project. I hate DTV and Time Warner- They all suck.[8o|]

Noah, I had one heck of a time getting everything running on a consistant basis. They replaced all of the wires and then after several visits they determined they needed a new run from one of the poles. Time Warner was out to my place no less than four times. Like anyone you deal with they'll try to get out of it as cheap as possible. What I had to do was be real stern with them and tell them you want it disconnected then they'll change their tune and more than likely give you a discounted rate for a year. Then when the rates go back up call them again. Mark

You didn't say what the specific problem is but I'm guessing you are stuck with a contract for a year or more? I've found cable companies customer service to be about as poor as it gets. I use them for phone and internet but I'm keeping my directv, with excellent customer service.

What's your specific issue?

Thanx, Russ

I've done the same thing that Russ did, with the exception that I use Direct TV, much more HD programing, better music, they actually have customer service. I use Time Warner for internet only and use a $20.00 majic jack for phone.

I've done the same thing that Russ did, with the exception that I use Direct TV

Me too. For me it was about picture quality, I'm in a newer area with good/new cable runs but I checked the neighbors picture quality and it wasn't as good as the satellite. It's hard to judge picture quality, I spend a lot of time getting my TV adjusted just right but it wasn't as good. The other thing for me was that SpeedTV was not in HD and I watch that channel almost 24/7 during racing season.

Thanx, Russ

I am ALL about DirecTv. I have had Direct, Dish and Comcrap all at the same time doing A/B/C comparison. Direct won hands down and that doesn't even include the customer no service of the other two. When I got here to the new place I did a DirecTv/Time Warner check again. DTV!!! If you ever have a problem with DTV call and ask to speak with customer retention and then when they ask why, just give them any answer you want (I say 'because I am a customer and I want to talk to them, period"). Level 1 CSR have no authority to do squat, CT can and always have made me happy.

If anyone here wants to play with the new (unannounced/beta) features of DTV go check out http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=159293

I just got an apartment in NYC, and am stuck with TWC....it sucks big time. the HD channels lag, and its not just me, my friend in the nieghborhood has the same issue. Good, the guide is slow, stupid and well. It just sucks. I miss FIOS which I had back on Long Island.

Unfortunatley, you can plan the price game with cablevision/Verizon atleast. You can tell them your leaving for competor due to price, and see if they can do something on price. Works a lot.

I am guessing you just singed up for TWC? Maybe you can get out of the contact as they are holding up there end of the bargin type of thing....

I had Verizon FIOS and now I wish that I had them back

Time Warner Cable RIP OFF "Triple Play" deal turns out to be less than good.

The service is low end and the customer service, billing and LACK of honesty (Offer you one thing, charge you for another thing) is VERY BAD.

How can I get Time Warner Cable (RIP OFFS) to stick to what they offered?

Has anyone had any luck in getting them to get honest and do the right thing?

Noah, in the Hudson Valley of New York.

Come on Noah, you started this bashing of TWC, so you've got to post; if not we're going to be forced to double charge you for your forum subscription.[:D]

Well I have not got through the real retention department yet so I don't have any NEW updates.

I can tell you that the first problem that started all this was that TWC sent me a glossy giant postcard offering the triple play "just for people who had only one of the three services". The deal (in writing) was $89 per month and they started charging me $99 a month, right off.

I started the service on Jan 9th and the February bill was for 3 months "service".

Over $350 !

I talked to the level 1 Customer Support and was told that there is NO $89 offer..

Well there was when I took it and I have the big postcard here to prove it.

Sorry, there is nothing that I can do for you because there is no $89 offer for me to give you.

I asked for her supervisor and it was like she handed me over to the lady sitting next to her - same answer - There is no $89 offer.

I asked for the retention department and got a fellow who (after some prodding) admitted that he was not really with the retention department and that there was no one there as I had called in on a Saturday.

Well, all three of those C.S reps said that they would put a request in to the "finance department" asking about the $89 "Deal".

I have heard nothing back, my bill viewed on line still has the full charge on it.

I will call them again tomorrow.

TIME WARNER CABLE IS THE WORST!

Noah:

You must not be really too mad at TWC because on the AVS forum they use all of those real bad words that mom would wash your mouth out with soap. I checked the AVS forum for New York and found New York Verison, New York OTA, and New York RCN but no New York TWC.

JJK