34 Inches In My Backyard!

garymd

Around 1PM we had a fresh 17 inches still snowing and blowing like crazy at 3:20 now.

Gary, you are killing me with those huge photos. You gotta shrink them down a bit before posting. Try and stay warm.

The snow quit here in Fredericksburg. In fact the sun is even out! However, it it pretty darn windy here, with quite a bit of blowing snow, though (in fact, a Wind Advisory is out for this area)

But just north up into D.C. and Maryland, and PA, I can see it its still snowing pretty darn good up there (at least according to what I see on the radar images).

We got the brunt of it here earlier this morning.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Around 1PM we had a fresh 17 inches still snowing and blowing like crazy at 3:20 now.

Gary, you are killing me with those huge photos. You gotta shrink them down a bit before posting. Try and stay warm.

Sorry Rich. Do you still have dial-up? Harford County won't run lines out to your country manor? [;)]

The wife is outside using a nieghbor's snow blower while I am inside tending to the fire,

Jasonbart, I am glad you took the much more dangerous job; most women just don't appreciate the danger inherent in tending fires. Also, if she does this well enough, maybe for her birthday you ought to consider buying her a snowblower of her own. Just a thought . . . .

Here is a shot from the front door about 5 minutes ago, most likely my last update tonight. The wife is outside using a nieghbor's snow blower while I am inside tending to the fire, that's how it works on Pluto. Hope all who are caught up in this stay safe and warm.

You got way more snow than we did here in Fredericksburg. It actually did quit snowing here just a bit after noontime. I see it is still snowing just north of here. Seems like it is just hanging around over you guys just north there in Maryland and Eastern PA.

But there you go - let the wife take care of the snow, while you tend to the very delicate task watching the fire! [:D]

The last time my wife shoveled snow was during the Johnson administration.

That would be Andrew.

I look forward to tomorrow. I once again get to bond with my neighbors, something we don't normally do so often during the winter months.

Still snowing here.......or maybe just blowing around. Hard to tell.

I sure hope you guys don't get hit with a sudden warm front and/or a rain storm; need a slow melt for sure. Hang in there.

-PB

Thanks PB.

That happened about 12 years ago. We got about 20 inches of snow then it rained for 2 days. Water levels were so high my window wells were filling up every 5 to 10 minutes and I didn't own a submersible pump. I now own 2. My basement was a wreck. I was outside in the freezing rain with my shop vac for 3 hours before my brothers came over with rented pumps. Water was coming up from the ground below and nothing could be done. I was hating life that day!

• Moderators

I should have not said anything, we are now predicted to get 1-3 inches tomorrow night. If it happens it will be about the 5-6th time down here in my 52 years. But the temps should only get to around 29. That's not to bad, we did break a record that went back to the 50's a couple weeks back when it got down to 14.