Epilogue - Have you gotten a pair of Khorns to fit in a Chrysler minivan?

ratcobob

Probably could have fit 4 Khorns given time so all went well. The guy even had 2 friends there to help get them out of the basement and loaded. He bought them new and 'just didn't listen to them anymore' and has a set of Heresy's to get by with. The Khorns were sold as 1985's and he should know but the build label says s/n are LF 8924713 and 715. Doesn't this mean they're 1989 production year? I'm one happy Bob and feel fortunate to have gotten these. Installation will proceed once the new crossovers arrive. Thanks to all for the good advice. Bob

Tops are indeed removable and SHOULD be removed. Side grills are also removable and SHOULD be removed. Take lots of blankets. You can not get enough blankets.

Try to REMOVE your seats and leave them behind. If you can do that you next need to see if the seat hardware is flush to the floor or sticks up. When Winchester came to get some Khorns and other goodies from me, he rented a vehicle and they took the seats out. They however, left the seat mounts installed and they really got in the way. Imagine a three inch steel bracket sticking up four inches, right in the wooden face of your Khorns. Painful.

We had to do some gymnastics with those speakers to get them to fit between the hardware parts that were bolted to the floor.

Good luck and remember to take lots of pictures!

Thanks much for the blanket, and top and grill removal advice. Snapped out the seats from my friends van tonight to a flush floor. I think with tops off they may fit lying face down, end to end. What is the height of the bass bin alone? Thanks. Bob

Try to REMOVE your seats and leave them behind. If you can do that you next need to see if the seat hardware is flush to the floor or sticks up.

When I picked up my LaScalas with my Blazer, I folded down the back seat. To make it easier to slide in the LS, I purchased a sheet of particlle board (3/4 inich) and cut it to fit in the back, all the way to the back of the front seats. With a blanket on there, is was a smooth slide for the LS. The pb covered up the seat hinges and other hardware mounted on the floor.

I also used a 98 Sienna to retrieve my Khorns. After removing the seats, I built a platform on the floor of the van (with 2X4s and particle board) so that I wouldn't have to deal with the rear door "threshold." Not sure if I'd do that again. It did make for a nice even surface. There's a thread here somewhere with pictures of my adventure.**

Very important to take lots of blankets, and an appliance dolly, especially if stairs are involved. A strong friend is a good idea, too.

**http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/38166.aspx?PageIndex=1

A strong friend is a good idea, too.

Two strong friends..... and you "supervise".... LOLOL!!!!

Cool

That's a much better plan, Marshall! In this case, also pack either a pointer stick, or a laser. And a folding chair, with a cooler of beer.

Another good thing to bring (almost fergot) is equipment with which to test the speakers, mostly to see that all drivers work. You can't assume the seller has the wherewithall (is that one word???) to demo the things. A battery powered T amp with an ipod would work well here.

• 2 weeks later...