Is $650 a good deal for a mint pair of RF-7's???

darthdave

I had my heart set on rf-83s but this seems like a great deal . The guy thats selling them hates the harshness. I am assuming he is using a crappy system and doesnt know it, as I have read that rf-7's have a more refined taste in amplifiers and wires. Someone please push me off the fence is this a steal or average?

• Moderators

One thing I always try to look at is if I don't like them, can I sell them for at least what I have in them? If the answer is yes, it's a no brainer. It's worth trying them out to see if you like them. If you fall in love with them, you saved yourself quite a bit by not going with the RF-83's. If you don't like them, flip them and go get the RF-83's.

One thing I always try to look at is if I don't like them, can I sell them for at least what I have in them? If the answer is yes, it's a no brainer. It's worth trying them out to see if you like them.

That is one thing I've found about used Klipsch. I may not make any money on buying and selling the Klipsch I've had but I've been able to buy, try, enjoy and sell pretty much every Klipsch I've bought for at least what I've got into it. Of couse I buy used older stuff but still I think that speaks highly for Klipsch and the demand for their speakers. I don't have any other hobby I can say I've bought and used without lossing my tail on the deal in the end!

carbon, it really is crazy how well these speakers hold their value. It's kind of like an investment (that we get to enjoy everyday). Especially with Heritage gear... I want some Heritage so badly. I feel like I have some Herseys comin' my way (birthday from the 'ol lady), I can't wait!!

I kept every single pair of Klipsch I bought to this day except for the RF-7s which I gave them to my sister.

That is one thing I've found about used Klipsch. I may not make any money on buying and selling the Klipsch I've had but I've been able to buy, try, enjoy and sell pretty much every Klipsch I've bought for at least what I've got into it. Of couse I buy used older stuff but still I think that speaks highly for Klipsch and the demand for their speakers. I don't have any other hobby I can say I've bought and used without lossing my tail on the deal in the end!

wow so it doesn't look good, the fellow hasn't contacted me so I think I missed[:'(] Oh well I'll keep looking....

The hunt is part of the fun. You really need to get a feel for the values on the things that you're looking for, so you can react quickly when those deals come around, or someone else from the pack will get to eat first. Easy to buy at the right price, tough to sell as just about everything that Klipsch makes has something to offer.[Y]

My first experience with Klipsch was the RF-7s and it was a rather disappointing one. As I stated before, the RF-7s are very bright with solid state amps. And they are only soften a bit with tube amps. I have heard much about the Forte I's at the time (about 7 years ago) and after auditioned a pair, I ended up buying them. A few months later I acquired a pair of Heresy I's. And from there on I never look back at Reference though I got to listen to different Reference speakers. The Forte I's are a tad bright on the high end compared to the Heresy I's. I stop listening to the Fortes but decide to keep them. And I continue to acquire Heritage (Heresies, Cornwalls and La Scalas) over the years.

I have to ask you why neo ? im curiouos to know why only the RF7s you gave away ??

the RF-7's are very harsh I agree..What a shame...If the horns where toned down a bit smoother the RF-7's would be my pick for best klipsch speaker. Maybe after all the mods are done and paired with a battle tank amplifier thats a different story. Althogh suprised to hear you say the Fortes were bright, I found them to be the best well balance and most pleasant to listen to...For the most part I guess if you love the heritage sound you probably dont like the reference sound..Two different kinds of klipsch listeners...