The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
jason str

Tuba HT horn loaded subwoofer

I had an opportunity to hear Jason's Tuba horn loaded subwoofer. It is one serious sub. [Y]

Thanks for the audition Jason. [:D]

KG2 or similar for garage speaker

Just saw these KG2s on the Bay. Good price so far, though zero feedback is a definate con.

KG2 or similar for garage speaker

Just saw these KG2s on the Bay. Good price so far, though zero feedback is a definate con.

Thanks for the link but i am not buying anything at this time, however i am still interested in trades to make it easier for somebody to take home a dam good subwoofer.

What was your reason for selecting that driver, since Bill recommends using the Dayton DVC 385-88?

Q

The Dayton Classic is one of the few recommended drivers for this design and i chose it because it has rubber surrounds for longevity, i do not like foam surrounds since they fall apart over time.

For my next project the Table Tuba i chose a similar 10" model.

Willing to drive for those in need of a good sub.

Questions ? Feel free to ask. [;)]

This is a darn good sub....i know that now, somebody needs to buy it, you will not be sorry. Jason, what are you building next.

This is a darn good sub....i know that now, somebody needs to buy it, you will not be sorry. Jason, what are you building next.

Table Tuba w-10" Dayton Classic (smaller footprint, wont dig as deep).

The Table Tuba was my first choice, but then settled on the Tuba Ht since I have room for it. I have an itch to build something else so i may just build a Table Tuba, and give it to my son.......Good luck with your sale.

Letting this go without the amp for Sold

This will allow me to reuse my current amp for my next project and save you some money making this the best bang for your buck.

Edited by jason str

Hey PSG you commented on one of my post at bill site. Anyway dude don't let your THT go for 2 cheap, with all the work you put in to it. For some reason people love paying business's to build them a sub par subwoofer, but when it comes to people building things and trying to make a little money they don't want to do it. They rather spend $3k to get something comparable from a buisiness ie SVS, HSU, than spend $1k to get something awesome which would save them money and make you money. This sub is easily worth $2k for what it offers and someone should be jumping on it.

People this subwoofer is amazing and will likely kill a PB-13 Ultra or any klipsch subwoofer, or HSU. Buy this now, before it's too late. You won't believe the extension or output. Simply stunning this sub is.

Yeah, for some, DIY means slapped together in an afternoon and don't see a value to it. These subs are hand-crafted using (typically) expensive and solid baltic birch plywood in something like 20 to 30 solid hours of shop work, and then finished in another unspecified numebr of hours. This isn't just a box; it's about 30 pieces of wood carefully cut and assembled.

Tuba HT is back up for sale.

Sold takes it away

Sub only, you need your own 100-300 watt amp.

Edited by jason str