NJ to Savannah Georgia to Mississippi to Tenesse to Washington DC

Jay481985

Just north of Richmond VA the Atlee / Elmont Exit (west) there is a decent little dive BBQ shack about one mile down Rt 1. It's called Phat Boys or something like that. Cheap and ice cold beer. Take the exit west and go left at the second light onto Rt 1. It will be on the right in 1/4 mile and you can't miss it.

Right next to it is a fantastic tackle shop called Greentop. Plan on wasting at least and hour in Greentop. Three if you're also a gun nut.

Just south of the NC border is a tiny little smoke shop called JRs. If you like cigars, then I think you'll like JRs.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and if have you all that time swing on by the Gulf Coast in TX. My opinion is that any BBQ in GA is not worth the effort, at least in the ATL area, tried them, hated them. Sorry, us Texans don't use roast for BBQ. BBQ beef is BRISKET and it's smoked not grilled.

No system to speak of but the spring break babes hit full force today with 89 degrees on the beach. Wasn't a totally wasted time at the corner store waiting inline to buy some OJ this morning. [ip]

While you are in Savannah you MUST have lunch at Miss Wilke's Dining Room. A Savannah institution for decades, it was in the papers last week because Pres. Obama ate there, and yes even he bussed his table after lunch as all customers do. The best fried chicken I have had in my life. Dining is family style, the table is laden with more food than you can eat. Brunswick stew, cornbread, black eyed peas, greens...hungry yet? Big Smile No booze served there, sweet tea is the norm. The website is down right now.

If you head over to Tybee Island for the day, have lunch at the Crab Shack, http://www.thecrabshack.com/ Outdoor dining, speakers hanging from the trees playing Marley & Buffett, ice cold beer in coozies. We're not talking fancy here, there are holes in the middle of the tables to sweep your garbage into when you are done and paper towels on the table. Get the Sampler Platter, a "Low Country Boil" shrimp, clams, mussels, crawfish, keilbasa, corn and new potatos piled high. A cold beer or some white wine and you are set.

Where the elite eat with their bare feet!

As you now know, I-10 from Jax to Miss. is one boring hike. I did it a few times last year when we had a job in Gulfport and it just about killed me. You would be welcomed here but I'll tell you that if you had time to hear just one system in Charleston it would be Sunburnwilly's. It's clearly the best I've ever heard. That's what I'm chasing but I'm too spread out with all these other systems. I've got quantity but none of them are right.

• Moderators

We have been trying to torture Jay but he is doing good, not sleeping much but he can handle it he's a college student and from NJ.

We have not really listened to alot music here but Jay and I did go out and listen so to some live music last night walk around the French Quarter.

Right now he is back in the French Quarter to get himself a Muffuletta sandwich, we got there to late yesterday, they run out around 3:30 in the evening. He is heading to Central Grocery, they have the best Muffuletta.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muffuletta