Rock n Roll Trivia

bluesboy

I thought it might be fun to start a thread on Rock n Roll trivia questions. I'll start it off with this one.

In the Beatles song Come Together the first line is a direct quote from a Chuck Berry song. The line is here comes old flattop,he come groovin up slowly. The line was used as a tribute to Chuck from John Lennon. Your question is which Chuck Berry song does the line come from?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_Together

In 1973, "Come Together" was the subject of a lawsuit brought against Lennon by Big Seven Music Corp. (owned by Morris Levy) who was the publisher of Chuck Berry's "You Can't Catch Me". This was because it sounded similar musically to Berry's original and shared some lyrics (Lennon sang "Here come ol' flattop, he come groovin' up slowly" and Berry's had sung "Here come a flattop, he was movin' up with me"). Before recording, Lennon and McCartney deliberately slowed the song down and added a heavy bass riff in order to make the song more original.[9] After settling out of court, Lennon promised to record three other songs owned by Levy.[10] "You Can't Catch Me" and "Ya Ya" were released on Lennon's 1975 album Rock 'n' Roll, but the third, "Angel Baby", remained unreleased until after Lennon's death. Levy again sued Lennon for breach of contract, and was eventually awarded $6,795.[11]

Buddy Guy & Junior Wells Play The Blues

Other than the US and Canada, what country hosted the most Grateful Dead concerts?

Gotta guess Mexico, just due to proximity? If I went English speaking country, the logical choice would be England.

Most likely wrong on both counts?