CD player recommendation for heritage system?

ilsinc

O.K. as you can see by the number of my posts I'm new to this passion. I've started assembling a system based on recommendations from this forum.

So far I have '83 KBWO Klipschorns and a 1966 Mcintosh MC-240. I'll probably be adding a MX-110 as well.

Can anybody recommend a CD player that might go well (that is the "look") with this system?

Also maybe a vintage turntable?

Thanks in advance.

You will find a few dissenting opinions but the Jolida is pretty much the slam dunk CD player on this forum for tubes and Heritage. Cambridge has some recently discontinued models- I have one my self- for around 350- they are the deals in the Bang for the buck dept. For my money camp out on AG and grab a used Jolida when one comes up arounde 600.000 used- 1000 new- if you want to buy new- PM me- I know a few dealers that discount them.

With the jolida you can roll tubes and change the sound to suit you- a no brainer IMHO for anything under 2500.00

Two on Audiogon right now. Asking $6600 and $9000. Ouch.

Time for patience and perseverance in the hunt.

There are always a couple of TD124's on ebay. You can find them in rought shape for about $500-$600, but nice one's with Ortofon arms and plinths go for $2000 to $4000. They are a joy to restore and are totally mechanical so do not be afraid to get one that needs work. I use a Shure SME 3009 Series II arm and Dynavector MC cartridge on mine.

post-37367-13819556059486_thumb.jpg

post-37367-1381958288097_thumb.jpg

I had a Jolida CD and replaced it. Again a matter of getting better tubes. The stock tubes are not the best tubes. Went with Sylvanias NOS for improvement. I wanted SACD so I ended up with a SONY ES-777. I'd love to get an Accuphase digital source. Their new 730 is supposed to be the bomb and it costs like one, too.

VPI Scout!! I've had a Thorens 165 and still own a Garrard 301 and the VPI kills them both!!

Garten, I would love to here my choice side by side with your Scout as I was considering the Scout Master but ended up with what I'm extremely pleased with hereWink

Considering your TT cost over double my Scout I would hope that it sounds better...My friend sells VPI's hears the Scout and Scout Master everyday... could afford to own either one and he owns a Scout...