Let's see your I've lost it audio shots

Pete H

After a long week of getting deliveries and unpacking boxes, and reading manuals and realizing that I need to place more orders for cables and amps and horns and drivers and................................................... and the GF going what the heck is that, I just thought I would thank all of you for helping me do my part in keeping the economy rolling around the globe. This shot has given me a new perspective on life and made me realize that......................be right back, I have an auction going off on the bay, and audiogone and I just found a new supplier for cables and...............................

Let's see in this picture you will see a few Carver amps, a new Behringer DCX 2496 and 1832FX mixing board, 3 different 15" woofers for testing, one Crites cast 15, a K34E and just arrived a few Eminence Kappalite LF's, a few horns and a few drivers for them, a Beyma tweeter, a cutom Dean G passive, a testing mic, a 10" driver I'm playing with and that's all that would fit on the table in the mancave.

I just want to know that I'm not alone.[:P]

post-34280-13819583618074_thumb.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She must love you...

My late wife put up with mixers, mic's cables everywhere... being a supreme hostess while I turned our home into a recording studio...

Life can be soooo good.

Bruce

She must love you...

My late wife put up with mixers, mic's cables everywhere... being a supreme hostess while I turned our home into a recording studio...

Life can be soooo good.

Bruce

She does, and has blind trust that I'm actually going to finish the house as soon as I'm done playing with music and audio. The whole dive back into music started when I realized that the second divorce was going to happen and how there were things that I never accomplished that I was passionate about and said, I will never live like that again. I went out and bought a guitar and a set of RF 7's and a decent HT receiver and I'm still on a journey that started when I was 17 and had no clue where it would lead. BTW, how are things going with your fiancé coming here permanently? I may have missed something in prior threads, but is that resolved yet?

BTW, how are things going with your fiancé coming here permanently? I may have missed something in prior threads, but is that resolved yet?

She is finishing teaching in China at the end of June. We fly back to the U.S. in July... We're pretty excited, as you might well imagine.

Her visa was approved in Feb., but we wanted her to finish out her contract (not that the Chinese have any qualms about telling you to get lost...)

Bruce

That room has similarities to my MC30 trial days.

Amps coming in and out of the house on an every-other-week basis, as well as vacuum tubes galore coming in here from all four corners of the globe. It was a "controlled mess": having a system in place to bring in tubes, sent to local tube pro for testing, then on the return a pile established for actual in amp testing, then final arranged storage in pairs/quads/groups alike. It's an orderly stock now, but when I was doing that it was what looked like a hurricane-organized mess.

While there are always a "stash-let" of tube boxes around/underneath the amp racks, they are neatly arranged now, and since the wife likes the tube rigs so well it's not even considered a grumbling inconvenience to her anymore. I know I had her wondering there for a while, though.

I know I had her wondering there for a while, though.

I know what you mean. Yesterday, my GF was watching me fill a legal pad with notes and when she said " that's a big grocery list" and I responded "this isn't a grocery list, it's a list of wire, cables and connectors that I have to order" the look I got was a look I had never seen before and a valuable lesson was learned. Wait until she's sleeping, and then place your order![:P]

• Moderators

I know I had her wondering there for a while, though.

I know what you mean. Yesterday, my GF was watching me fill a legal pad with notes and when she said " that's a big grocery list" and I responded "this isn't a grocery list, it's a list of wire, cables and connectors that I have to order" the look I got was a look I had never seen before and a valuable lesson was learned. Wait until she's sleeping, and then place your order!Stick out tongue

GF,.......... break her in right, she should think this is normal and going to happen at any time, and it can and probably will get much worse.

If she has any questions just tell her it's your hobby, you know, kind of like the shoe, purse, candle, and just general (accessory) thing, and it's not going to change anytime soon, probably get worse if anything. [;)]

Then just say WHY, then be quiet with a confused look on your face and wait for an answer like you have no idea what she is talking about. [:D]

• Moderators

Already found some. Just overhauled xovers with sonicaps/cardas solder. I am awaiting titanium tweeter diaphragms from Mr. Crites.

Very nice, and now the name fits perfectly. [H]