JUBILEE, HARTSFIELD WEDDING!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ever seen the TLC/Discovery channel show "Overhaulin?" About a guy that takes classic cars and makes them better than new?

That's like this project. There is no way of faking skill and artwork like this. It's also a product that can outperform the original(s).

There should be a gallery "best of" Klipsch speaker DIY projects like this. It's educational, beautiful and a testiment to artistic speaker design and passion for the subject.

People can keep thier talk of hyper-expensive and (often dubious) esoteric audio gear they spent a fortune on in some boutique. This is 100 times more interesting and gratifying to witness. It's also something that makes me far more envious than someone who can pay cash for $68K speakers. Any fool can spend too much money. Not just anyone can CREATE.

That is a weird critter but amazing. Looks cool. If I had your skill I'd have a house full of this stuff. Wow.

Have you built just a hartsfield?

Have you built a jubilee with wood as thick as a hartsfield?

INTERESTING METAPHOR???

I Dr. Ssctrojan1980, have performed major surgery. The hartsfield was sick and dying and needed new guts. So i performed an internaldectomy. I opened her up and took out her terrible sounding bass and installed the magnificent bass of the jubilee. :)

Seti. i took 2 current jubilee clones that i had sitting around and i built the externals of the jbl and built them onto the jubilee. This speaker is the jubilee. I will never own any other bass cabinet. The jubilee is top of the line. But, the hartsfield is much prettier; just sounds like crap. This picture should help. As you can see i was cutting on my jubilee to begin the transformation.

post-36140-1381958384562_thumb.jpg

INTERESTING METAPHOR???

I Dr. Ssctrojan1980, have performed major surgery. The hartsfield was sick and dying and needed new guts. So i performed an internaldectomy. I opened her up and took out her terrible sounding bass and installed the magnificent bass of the jubilee. :)

Seti. i took 2 current jubilee clones that i had sitting around and i built the externals of the jbl and built them onto the jubilee. This speaker is the jubilee. I will never own any other bass cabinet. The jubilee is top of the line. But, the hartsfield is much prettier; just sounds like crap. This picture should help. As you can see i was cutting on my jubilee to begin the transformation.

Amazing. You are clearly insane!

any idea what the weight is of the finished speaker? also, any tips on how to cover the front panel of a jubilee hiding the screw holes, but still have acess to removing the front panel?

On the Jubilee, you gain access to the woofers via trap doors on both the top and bottom. See the unit on the right and you'll see the hole.

I didn't realize these were so big. The Jubilee itself is a monster and this dwarfs it lol.

I think a more interesting question is as above, how much does it weigh and also, would it fit through a 'standard' doorway? (realizing that 'standard' is different in most homes)

When I move my Jubilee's to the basement I will probably have to take them outdoors and around to the front rather than down the stairs and risk dropping or messing up anything in the stairwell. I've got french doors on the back of the house and on the front where they would go back in. No need to play the squeezie game trying to work them through fixed doorways. I'd hate to try to get these monsters through a fixed doorway.

Love their looks though. You should set your 402 on top of them so those of us with the 402 can see how they work.... maybe you could sell some 'cosmetic kits' to us blunt fingered type. (no woodworking skills)

any idea what the weight is of the finished speaker? also, any tips on how to cover the front panel of a jubilee hiding the screw holes, but still have acess to removing the front panel?

On the Jubilee, you gain access to the woofers via trap doors on both the top and bottom. See the unit on the right and you'll see the hole.

I didn't realize these were so big. The Jubilee itself is a monster and this dwarfs it lol.

I think a more interesting question is as above, how much does it weigh and also, would it fit through a 'standard' doorway? (realizing that 'standard' is different in most homes)

When I move my Jubilee's to the basement I will probably have to take them outdoors and around to the front rather than down the stairs and risk dropping or messing up anything in the stairwell. I've got french doors on the back of the house and on the front where they would go back in. No need to play the squeezie game trying to work them through fixed doorways. I'd hate to try to get these monsters through a fixed doorway.

Love their looks though. You should set your 402 on top of them so those of us with the 402 can see how they work.... maybe you could sell some 'cosmetic kits' to us blunt fingered type. (no woodworking skills)

With full set of drivers, crossovers, etc. it will be somewhere between 250 - 275 lbs. Remember, they are still just 24 inches deep like the jubilee. I do not wanna use that stock jbl lense on the front of it. So i will have a custom built trachorn there instead that will also be veneered in rosewood.

INTERESTING METAPHOR??? I Dr. Ssctrojan1980, have performed major surgery. The hartsfield was sick and dying and needed new guts. So i performed an internaldectomy. I opened her up and took out her terrible sounding bass and installed the magnificent bass of the jubilee. :) Seti. i took 2 current jubilee clones that i had sitting around and i built the externals of the jbl and built them onto the jubilee. This speaker is the jubilee. I will never own any other bass cabinet. The jubilee is top of the line. But, the hartsfield is much prettier; just sounds like crap. This picture should help. As you can see i was cutting on my jubilee to begin the transformation.

Great work! That thing is a beast, and I mean that in a positive way.

The Bigger Speaker is the JBL and the smaller one is the Jubilee?

You transfered the speakers from the smaller to the Larger one ?

Bill, I think another way of puttting it is, the speaker on the left is really more of an encasement for a Jubilee bass bin.