Dangit, just can't see how this happened. Just was reminded that my aunt's 5th annual farewell special family reunion is the same weekend. As she is the only living member of my mom's generation who remains (90 years old) it really isn't optional.

While some things in life are even more important than the Kuiverin' Klipsch Klan I can't help but resent the irony of these two imperatives in collision, 52:1 odds.

Dave

Bummer Dave that you're Aunt's reunion is the same weekend.

I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it then thought we would but found one of my cousin's went and got remarried and is having a renewal of their vows and hog roast. My youngest daughter who went with to Pilgrimage 2008 in Indy even said she wanted to go to Hope.

I promised myself long ago I wasn't going to miss happy family events. Too many cousins I've not seen since funerals.

Sure I get the need to go to funerals but why not make the effort for happy events?

Sure I get the need to go to funerals but why not make the effort for happy events?

Fer shure, boss. This evening I will attend the funeral of my grandmothers last suviving son. That will leave Aunt Martha Jane as the last of her children and the last of my mother's generation.

Now that I think about it, "Bummer" isn't completely appropriate. With so few left these events become critical to ensuring that we begin to pass the torch to our children, cuz guess whose toin it is next!

Duty, honor, family...Nothing higher. Even patriotism is an extension of this.

God willing, there will be another pilgrimage in Hope, but there will never be another Martha Jane Lusty!

Thanks for the reminder.

Dave

I'll be attending the funeral of a good friend's father tomorrow.

My dad and mom's family's are shrinking Dad was an only child but some cousins still survive from his generation. 2 of my mom's brothers survive of 3 brothers and a sister though one of them lost his wife a few months ago.

I was really looking forward to the Pilgrimage in Hope. Hopefully there will be more and I'll be able to attend.

But family is much more important so it's not to be this year. Dtel's Wife I think it was described the Klipsch Forum members as a sort of big dysfunctional family.

Enjoy the reunion Dave I'm sure I'll enjoy the hog roast.

I understand where you're coming from Seti. I was looking forward to getting a chance to meet a few of the people face to face. But like Dave I have a family event. Attended a funeral of one of my longtime childhood friend's father today who passed away today rather suddenly - life can be way too short at times. RIP Zane.

Saw the mother and step-father of one of my classmates there who I'd not seen in quite some time and not since her daughter had passed away from complications I think from the diabetes she's battled all her life along with arthritis and maybe other things. Unfortunately was too busy to make her funeral. Her mother had commented she had stayed to take care of her father after her mother had died and said she should've been there for her daughter. I told her not to feel that way as maybe she wasn't supposed to be there. Losing a child has got to be one of the most gut wrenching things we can face in life. Thinking about Mindy I don't think any of us realized how strong she was as she never complained even though just living was very difficult for her. RIP

Thanks, seti. My biggest regret is precisely that...getting from the virtual to pressing the flesh of those I feel I've gotten to know so well over these years. However, as bl says, there are higher obligations.

I certainly understand the diabetes thing. I am one of the rare chosen ones to develop sudden onset type 1 diabetes about 7 years ago. Pretty awful experience and by the time I went to the ER I was convinced I had maybe 24 hours to live. My tongue was as dry to the touch as a road kill frog on a west Texas highway in August, I had purple splotches head to toe, every bone in my body ached individually, and I was hallucinating. 3 days later after about a quart of potassium and insulin I walked out of the ICU AMA and feeling like I was 18.

As I settled into the routine of constant blood glucose testing and insulin injections I found nobody could help. Every individual is totally different in metabolism and the insulin doesn't react at all predictably. My blood sugar got as low as 28 (you aren't supposed to survive that) and as high as over 500 (the personal use meters won't read beyond that) and I went to bed every night wondering if I'd go into insulin shock in my sleep and die.

After a couple of years I managed to battle my way to a respectable Ag1c (test that provides an average of blood glucose over the past 3 months) but still had weekly or more insulin shock episodes and high readings as well due to my aggresive stance. Last month I got an insulin pump and the night insulin shock episodes were immediately a thing of the past. I still have to run it manually, but within three years my endocrinologist believes it will be entirely automated and I'll essentially be cured.

Great times to live in.

Let's just hope it's Hope year after next...

Dave

Being a firm believer in trying to have my cake and eat it too....

BRING HER WITH YOU!

Heck... I rememeber when my dad got remarried (I was about age 30 and my grandfather was....oh.... maybe 80 at the time?)

Guess who was the life of the party?

My grandfather and my fathers, wifes MOTHER!!!

Those two got out on the dance floor during the reception and absolutely CUT IT UP!

Realizing that you probably won't be able to bring her, I'll join in that it's too bad. Would be good to put a face behind the words.

• Moderators

Tell her your going to take her to the hottest new vacation destination, Hope AR for her birthday !

Just kidding, I was hoping to see you there Dave, Blsamuel, and of course I can't forget Fini, with any luck another year, I hope.

Remember that if you can not make the show, we are sending the show to you via the web...

http://www.klipsch.com/pilgrimage/

Yezzir, Trey, I am so looking foreword to listening to Palladiums over the web...[:P]

Seriously, thanks for the sentiment to all of you. Makes me feel like krap! [:D]

Well, raise a toast to those present in spirit (don't forget the Buckster in that).

Dave

Bring her.

She is under the care of her oldest daughter. Need I say more?

Further, there will be about 60 family members present and I am official photographer.

As was said, these things are not optional.

I shall have my cross and hang on it too. [:'(]

Kidding. I will enjoy it, and there will be another Pilgrimage. However, there will never be another Martha Jane Lusty.

Dave