Wall mounting 50" Panasonic Plasma...recomendations???

SilverSport

...anyone have experience on what kind of wall mount to get for my 50" Panasonic plasma???...it is heavy but not nearly as heavy as the old CRT types...I have never wall mounted a TV before...don't think I need the mount to do much more than hold the TV up with some minor angle adjustments...I have thusfar been using the tabletop mount...

I've seen mounts from $50 bux to $250 and I know sometimes you get what you pay for but sometimes there are some bargains to be had but of course I want the best for the least [;)]

Bill

i bought mine from www.plasma-guy.com mainly because he was in my home town at the time. i lived in lewisville at the time and his business was very close. by the time you add in shipping it was the same cost as the one at Monoprice. i decided to go with him because he was local.

the mount i chose was the simple flat mount, no tilt or swivel. what i had to do so my HDMI cables would fit was a bit extreme, but i'll share a little. first off i purchased the treated 1" x 8" wood planks. i had to use that as a spacer and i chose that specific type of wood because it was actually 1". i then had to use the spaces provided in the kit to space my tv even further from the wall. i then also had to purchase the 90 degree hdmi adapters from monoprice so the monoprice hdmi cables were not kinked. i mounted the tv mount along with the 1 x 8 boards (used 2) with 6ea 6" 5/16" lag bolts. yep, that's right, it's not going anywhere. i used my stud finder to locate all my studs and then carefully drilled the correct size holds to be able to tighten down the lag bolts. it was a fun project. took me what i consider a day. i only have small window of time each day to do projects, and i was done and we were able to watch tv that night.

Silversport: We hung our Panasonic 50" (approx 108 pounds) plasma 2-1/2 years ago using a Premiere Mounts AM-250 Swingout Arm Mount. It's been great. It sits nearly flat against the wall, but we can easily pull it out and articulate the screen about 45 degrees to either side for viewing from the adjacent dining area. The screen can also be tilted vertically up to 10 degrees downward to help fight screen glare. Although the mount listed for $350, Sears sold it to us for $300. That's where we bought our plasma, too. I've attached the spec sheet for you. -Glenn

AM250%20Spec%20Sheet.pdf

AM250%20Spec%20Sheet.pdf

Just make sure you find the studs.

Was it Seti who had the tv above the fireplace and it came crashing down? I don't remember the details of the story other than seeing the pictures. I've tried to search for the thread of the crashed tv but no luck (perhaps my memory is wrong?)

Warning to anyone reading this thread looking at mounts- Avoid the Sanus universal model at all costs. The instructions are incorrect and very generic. This mount supposedly fits anything from 34-60". The holes on mine did not line correctly for my 50" Panny plasma. One of the mount screws shifted in its groove(long opening rather than a hole to accomidate a range of sizes). The tv dropped way down on one side. Sacred the living*&^& out of everyone in the room. I ran out to the storage room and got a tool roller cab. Sat a large hydralic jack on top of the roller cab to jack up the tv back to the proper position. Absolutely no room to work behind the TV.I had to rig up a pair of small vice grips to turn the socket wrench to re- tighten the loose bolt/screw. If you see a Sanus mount that seems to fit every size TV- run like hell unless you planing on filming a U tube blooper video..

Next time I will pay someone to do this. If you do a DYI have several people ther to help out.Dangeous stufff when things go bad.