OT: Finally, Summer is here!

fini

106 degrees today. What's different here from what our Southern and Midwest friends experience, it's only 10% relative humidity. Most of the Summer, we've had much cooler than normal temps, with dense fog nights and mornings. This morning, fog was 200 miles offshore...As IS typical, this heatwave will only last a few days, beginning to break on Thursday. By Saturday, highs should be in the 70-80s.

5:53 p.m. & we're up to 108F, 41.7C.

Beating the all time record by 5 degrees here in Santa Rosa.

I think this is the highest temp I've ever experienced - anywhere I've lived!

Thankfully, it should be back in the 60's or 70's in a few days.

James

The heat index most of this summer has been about 100-110(actually mid 90's), with humidity in the 70/80%.This is the hotest summer ever recorded in IN/KY by a few degrees.I been outside, in the sun everyday, the last 6 weeks.I have a really good tan, and the corn loves it..

Yesterday afternoon was warm too, even in Santa Barbara . . . . . of course, the fact we were pumping 38 yards of concrete may have influenced my perception of the heat; none-the-less I was sweating like the proverbial ***** in church.

Never been to church with one, but i did read a book about it. LOL

Yesterday afternoon was warm too, even in Santa Barbara . . . . . of course, the fact we were pumping 38 yards of concrete may have influenced my perception of the heat; none-the-less I was sweating like the proverbial ***** in church.

Never been to church with one, but i did read a book about it. LOL

[^o)] There's gotta be a lawyer joke to pull outta there. Bueller, Bueller? Fini, Fini?

Been pretty nice here in the tropics of Montana this summer. Seems like we had winter 'til July. Just got back from the southern coast of Oregon - beautiful and in the high 60's and low 70's.

Holy Moly! It is HOT! Well, since the recent high's have been in the 80's, this is HOT!!! Fortunately, the forecast high for the weekend is 76 degrees! C'mon weekend!!

SACRAMENTO, CA

Currently

Clear

105 °F

Clear

Humidity: 15%
Wind:
6 mph
from the SSW
Visibility:
10.0 miles
Dew Point:
48 °F
Precipitation: 0% Chance of Rain
Air quality:
Moderate
Pressure:
29.76 in
UV: 8

Hey Fini, we broke a record down here in the valley......

Currently

Clear

107 °F

Clear

Humidity: 13%
Wind:
4 mph
variable
Visibility:
10.0 miles
Dew Point:
46 °F
Air quality:
Moderate
Pressure:
29.72 in
UV: 3

Dennie,

Relief is on the way! It's already down to 75 degrees here!

Not here....

Currently
Clear

97 °F
Clear

Humidity: 23%
Wind:
10 mph
from the SW
Visibility:
10.0 miles
Dew Point:
54 °F
Air quality:
Moderate
Pressure:
29.71 in
UV: 0

The weather man said the Delta Breeze should be moving in here tomorrow!

Tomorrows high is only 92 degrees, I think I can make it one more day! [H]

A short summer, but impressive! [:S]

Dennie

You West Coast guys don't know what HOT is ! I spent 2 summers in Phx. AZ and I can honestly tell you it's easier to go through a summer there than it is here in SC . Heck we didn't even turn on the AC until July . The ole swamp cooler worked fine until then . 15% humidity pfffft !

I know what hot is... I've been to Arizona in August and live in Texas. However, the heat and humidity in Baton Rouge in August is pretty tough. We were there for a little league baseball tournament, several years ago, and I can still remember how we suffered.

When I was in Moscow a few weeks ago, they were having the hottest weather ever recorded there. It was 95 - 100 each day, and they weren't prepared for it. In our hotel, which had thousands of rooms, four star hotel, they actually had many rooms without AC! Ours had AC thankfully, but it didn't work great, only fair. Step out in the hallway, in the elevator, public restrooms - no AC! Even the lobby was just barely cooler than outside.

Also, not one ice machine in the whole four-tower complex! They just don't understand how to enjoy one of life's little pleasures - ICE!

Another heat-related thing I noticed. Our hosts home is located right next to the Moscow River, and he's got a boat docked there at the marina. The river is very wide, probably a mile. It looks like a huge lake, but of course goes on and on and on forever. But the thing that was surprising to me was the temperature of the water, which was about 80 degrees! It was very nice for swimming. Our rivers here in Maine are very cold, even in the summer. Barely can swim in them. I suppose because they come down out of the mountains.

The sun didn't set in Moscow until 10:30 at night, which was really strange. I guess they are farther up North than I am, and they probably have longer days in the summer and shorter in the winter.

Greg