Impromptu 1,400 Mile Road Trip

IB Slammin

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am curious to hear opinions of the MC-250's compared to the MC-275's. I have bridged 250's with a peach and am very happy with the set up Thanks Tom

Tom,

Bet you are pleased with the MC-250's and Peach combo! The MC-275's were part of a tri-amp system so it was difficult to compare.

I love the MC-250's for their "tubie" sound. Also if you look at other brand bridged spec's, there is a distortion increase when bridged. These MC's have the same numbers ether way.

I listened to MC-275's (not bridged) last summer on a pair of closed-back Khorns and they gave the old horns all they wanted.

IMHO, I would think that with your tube front preamp.......... you are there.

tc

I'd love to have one of these preamps.

IMG_3660.JPG

I'd also love to have more fresh giganto sausage :)

IMG_3614.JPG

Who cares about that sausage? Where are the pics of JC's original recipe cornbread?!? BTW...I'm glad you boys DID NOT burn down my house :)!

JC would disappear and magically a plate of cornbread would arrive. It was like magic. I belive 2am may have had something to do with it : )Or there is a cornbread fairy that shows up everynight at 2a.m.

IMG_3660.JPG

IMG_3614.JPG

Who cares about that sausage? Where are the pics of JC's original recipe cornbread?!? BTW...I'm glad you boys DID NOT burn down my house :)!

Wendstir,

Thank you so much for allowing us to do this. The house rules were presented when we arrived. DO NOT burn down the house.

The first 18-24hrs we were on top of things. seti kept the glasses washed and dried and I must have done the kitchen floor four or five times.

Now you know me. I am the senior man here and the "voice of reason" to these youngsters. But at some point they must have over powered me.

Hope you and the Wave are feeling better.

Warm regards,

tc

PS: Thanks for thinking of me with the T-shirt. Fits well and is rather slimming I must say.

IMG_3660.JPG

IMG_3614.JPG

Wendstir,

Thank you so much for allowing us to do this. The house rules were presented when we arrived. DO NOT burn down the house.

The first 18-24hrs we were on top of things. seti kept the glasses washed and dried and I must have done the kitchen floor four or five times.

Now you know me. I am the senior man here and the "voice of reason" to these youngsters. But at some point they must have over powered me.

Hope you and the Wave are feeling better.

Warm regards,

tc

PS: Thanks for thinking of me with the T-shirt. Fits well and is rather slimming I must say.

Terry can I quote you on "I am the senior man here and the "voice of reason" to these youngsters."That is going to come in handy in the future [6]

• Moderators

Now you know me. I am the senior man here and the "voice of reason" to these youngsters.

Yep that sounds like something that someone would say when there caught by the boss, I hope you don't think that " voice of reason" thing is going to work.........you have a reputation that proceeds you. [:|][:o][H]

I am traveling on business presently and need more time to create a good post about that weekend. I just can't do it right now. So I'll just say it is simply incredible the incarnations of sound reproduction systems that JC comes up with. I have been to his home several times and heard several completely different types of systems. I can say that what he has assembled now is just incredible. It integrates home designed products, Roy D. fundamentals, Klipsch products, vintage solid state and tube amplifers, multiple computers (4) and lossless digital codecs, analog active crossovers, and measurement equipment.

The impact of the air movement in the room when near the speakers was enormous. Yet the setup was not overly loud, nor fatiguing, yet very balanced. We listened to just about every genre of music and nothing sounded inferior to me.

The guy's got talent at this hobby for sure. Very very impressive. For most of the weekend JC's house sounded like the most exotic dance club I have ever been in. I just can't put the impact and quality of the sound of the system into good enough words.

Eventually, the moderation of the event slipped a bit as the hours did, and a good time was had by all, only to pay dearly in the mornings. But such goes the hobby and its habits. I wouldn't do it any other way.

I also want to thank JC for the invite to hear such a wide range of equipment. I'll post more about what I heard about each later.

Looks like a heck of a good time! Love the shot of JC, Terry(and Mark?) on the floor, fiddlin' with the V-Trac. Turn back the clock 30 (40? 50??) years, and substitute a Lionel train for the V-Trac, and you've got a dream Christmas morning!

georgeconneally.jpg

Eventually, the moderation of the event slipped a bit as the hours did, and a good time was had by all, only to pay dearly in the mornings.

I felt great every morning Stick out tongue but no one would believe I was close to a teatotaller for the weekend Angel

Yes seti was a real Monk on this trip......

Your just jealous because I was so chipper every morning [6]

Looks like diet coke [A]