what's in a name? the klipsch naming. ...

quadklipsh

Legend has it that Paul W. Klipsch, a strong advocate of large horns (obviously), told an aquaintance that he was designing a small, direct radiator speaker. The friend said something like, "For you, that would be a heresy!" So, PWK named his new speaker the Heresy.

Much later, he installed a Heresy high up over the altar in a church, and found this little speaker to be adequate to fill the entire church with the Pastor's voice. A photograph (a long shot) of this speaker set into the decorations above the altar was used as an advertizement with the caption, "A Little Heresy is Good for the Church."

He always had a quirky but engaging sense of humor. He may have been reluctant to market the Heresy under it's given name at first; it was called the "Model H" for a while, but soon was advertized as the Heresy. In case you're wondering, he was religious, but had a sense of humor about that. too....

• Moderators

Sometimes I think they were drinking or smoking something when naming some of them, I think the MWM is about the silliest of them all, magnificent woofing machine. [:o]

Although It was the 70's. [:S]

Supposedly, PWK thought of naming a series of speakers after famous opera houses, but after La Scala, he couldn't think of any others that he liked enough to use for speaker names.

La Scala is in Milan. It was inaugurated in 1778 and was most recently renovated during 2002-2004.

Supposedly, PWK thought of naming a series of speakers after famous opera houses, but after La Scala, he couldn't think of any others that he liked enough to use for speaker names.

La Scala is in Milan. It was inaugurated in 1778 and was most recently renovated during 2002-2004.

I was wondering where La Scala came from...the other heritage names are fairly self-explanatory (Klipschorn: the Klipsch flagship hornloaded speaker, Cornwall: corner/wall placement), now I know!

to the original post: on KLF - it is simply initials Klipsch Legend F? The epic line is all CF1, 2, 3, 4 (controlled focus)

Forte II = Strength Squared!

cute[:)] Naturally, we associate the speaker with the other kind of forte, the one in music, and the Forte II can play fff, unlike some non-Klipsch speakers, which have dynamics as their foible rather than their forte!