RF5's good towers?

CHASLS2

Just wanted to know what you guys think of the RF5 towers? There is a set for sale local in my area.

CHASLS2,

I just pulled in the driveway from a day trip to the West Coast(Florida). I'll let you know as soon as I hook those RF-5's up to my NAD/B&K combo. I hope they don't sound better than my RF-63's.

Okay, I'm kidding. I don't have any personal experience with the RF-5's but if the RB-5's are any indication of there sound quality, then they must sound great.

By the way, that price looks pretty good.

Bill

• Moderators

I just pulled in the driveway from a day trip to the West Coast(Florida). I'll let you know as soon as I hook those RF-5's up to my NAD/B&K combo. I hope they don't sound better than my RF-63's.

That was just wrong Bill. I knew where you were going with that one as I was reading it. Funny nonetheless [:P]

You may have snagged the same RF's that were for sale in St pete.

Excerpt from my reply:

"CHASLS2,

Okay, I'm kidding."

Bill

There is a set of RF63's for only $500. I would jump them on them, but i just bought a set of 63's for my bedroom setup. I will say the 63's are a huge jump from my just sold SF3's and a step up from my RF82's. They really crank out of fine sound with DVD's for a bedroom setup.

RF-5's are a fantastic sounding speaker with bass that belies their size. Mids and highs are not overbearing but are crystal clear. I think they're one of the most overlooked speaker in the Reference line. I wish I'd never sold mine. Be sure you pair them with a stout amp and they'll make you smile.[:D]

I have never heard the RF-5's but they are the upgraded versions of the RF-3 II's i have. I love my rf-3's to death, they sound fantastic and have a great low end. I owuld assume klipsch did a fantastic job with the rf-5's and i can honestly say i never heard anything negative about them. As stated above, make sure they have enough power, im always a fan of over kill, bigger speakers drink more, don't dehydrate them :)

RF-5's are a fantastic sounding speaker with bass that belies their size. Mids and highs are not overbearing but are crystal clear. I think they're one of the most overlooked speaker in the Reference line. I wish I'd never sold mine. Be sure you pair them with a stout amp and they'll make you smile.Big Smile

I agree, now howz about some Beaumont BBQ?

I agree, now howz about some Beaumont BBQ?

When can I expect you?

I do have some great friends in Dallas and surrounding I visit occasionally, but not near enough.Texas does have the best BBQ I've ever had, I smoke up some stuff for my friends here that comes close but......

Thanks for the invite, if I ever get that way I'll let ya know.

Rock on rf 5's!

• Moderators

I just happened to see those RF-63's last night for $500 and I was extremely tempted to go get them and I don't even need them or have any use for them. As of this morning, the ad has been removed. Hoping someone here was able to pick it up. That is a steal.