Have you heard this?

rplace

Anyone out there heard this? I was amazed the first time through, but figured I was just in the right mood. Gave it another spin last night and think it might be the best live recording I have ever heard. It does not sound like Neil is in your room it sounds like you are at the concert. Gigantic sound stage, crazy detail, dead quiet. Absolutely fantastic.[8][:D]

http://www.classicrecords.com/item.cfm?item=43328-1-200G

Neil Young
Live at Massey Hall-2LP-200G

Massey-Hall.jpg

Got it, and couldn't agree more. It's so weird to hear Neil playing these "new songs" that have become such classics. It's like finding for the first time photos (beautifully clear) of yourself as a little kid, photos you had no idea existed...

Anyone out there heard this? I was amazed the first time through, but figured I was just in the right mood. Gave it another spin last night and think it might be the best live recording I have ever heard. It does not sound like Neil is in your room it sounds like you are at the concert. Gigantic sound stage, crazy detail, dead quiet. Absolutely fantastic.MusicBig Smile

http://www.classicrecords.com/item.cfm?item=43328-1-200G

Neil Young

Live at Massey Hall-2LP-200G

Massey-Hall.jpg

Awesome recording!!!

Is this quality only found on the Clearaudio version or does it sound about the same on the original version lp & cd as well?

Not sure what you mean by Clearaudio version. I have the Classic Records 200g version. I believe this is a "new" album, in that it was not released back in the 70s. Neil Young has a whole bunch of "old" stuff that is being released for the first time. Can't speak to the CD as I don't have it, but others above seem to like it.

HTH, Rich

I believe this is a "new" album, in that it was not released back in the 70s. Neil Young has a whole bunch of "old" stuff that is being released for the first time.

Correct-o. BTW, I just checked and Elusive Disc has the 200g 2LP set for $30.

http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=REP43328QP

I have both the LP set and the CD, and they're both fantastic.

I havent't heard the LP, but I got the CD/DVD package a couple of years ago, and while the CD is very good, the DVD is one of the best recordings I've ever heard. It comes so close to sounding like live music that it impresses me every time I play it.

Neil takes the recording process very seriously and is very up to date. From what I've heard in interviews, he wants to be sure that all his material is presented with the best possible sound quality.

"Clearaudio" how in the world did that get into my brain..??! n http://www.classicrecords.com/item.cfm?item=43328-1-200G Thanks Rich & Fini for keeping me on the tracks [:D]

Islander I agree on Neils dedication to recording quality, especially since the Heart of Gold dvd at the Rhymen Theater. For me that is one of the very best live recordings I have ever heard-- when that broom sweeps across the floor -you heaeaaar ever bristle .[Y]

Cornman

Islander I agree on Neils dedication to recording quality, especially since the Heart of Gold dvd at the Rhymen Theater. For me that is one of the very best live recordings I have ever heard-- when that broom sweeps across the floor -you heaeaaar ever bristle .Yes

Cornman

I agree 100%! That DVD is amazing! If you don't have the "Heart Of Gold" DVD and you are a Neil Young fan........Get it!

Dennie