RIP CAPTAIN BEEFHEART

BigStewMan

The Captain passed away last friday. i've met him a couple of times as we had a few of mutual friends. Very different character for sure. the average listener thought his music was junk--musicians thought he was a genius. i'd heard rumors that he was suffering from MS and that was confirmed after his death. Rolling Stone had his album Trout Mask Replica at #58 on the top 500 album list. i hadn't seen him for many years--the last time bumping in to him at a 7-11 store (he was buying some ice cream) he said he was getting reading to leave SoCal and move to NoCal--which he did, and I never saw him after that. A fun person to have met. Rest in Peace Don.

Thanks for posting, I had not heard.

Rest in Peace good Captain.

Thanks for posting that link Fish--great song. Another nice song that is also on youtube is called "I'm Glad." He could combine several different genres of music into one song--guess that's possible when you don't place limitations on yourself. loved the guy's story at the beginning about the Captain re-recording a song special for the guy's kids. Don was at my brother's house one night and shared some very interesting stories. Watch some of the clips of him on letterman. he told me a story one time about being in London and John Lennon asked that he be removed from the studio. Don said, "i don't know why he was so mad, all i said was that Yoko looked like a pollywog with mascara." --Steve--