Homeless man w/golden radio voice in Columbus, OH

Jay481985

Seems like old times for Ted Williams.

According to NY Daily News, the fame is turning into a whirlwind of conflict with Williams’ 29-year-old daughter Janey who says he has started drinking again.

Williams was arrested and taken from the Renaissance Hotel in Los Angeles where he is staying while he tapes a number of shows following his new-found fame. Some of the shows include “Dr. Phil” and “Entertainment Tonight”. As the Washington Post reports, Williams and his daughter Janey were reportedly arguing in the hotel room. Reports state that Williams claimed his daughter hit him while Janey claimed her father “went on a violent tirade.” Williams has denied the accusations of drinking and instead said his daughter is trying to take advantage of him. In an interview with “Entertainment Tonight”, Williams shows the camera scratches on his face and nose reportedly caused by Janey.

looks like he checked himself into rehab after being on Dr. Phil ..I'm sure many people will write him off as another fckup who took advantage of an opportunity and crashed and burned. maybe so ..but if it took all the hoopla for this guy to get the proper treatment he so desperately needed in order to get his life on track - without the handouts - then I would say it was totally worth it.

I had my own wake-up call about 4 years ago. it was much less interesting and devastating to the people around me, but it still made an impact and it still required a change. i chose to embrace that change and couldn't be happier. so I empathize with Ted, and I'm sorry that he has to go though this journey under the spotlight and scrutiny of a whole country and beyond..

fame or infamy is a double edge sword, not that I hold Dr.Phil in that high of regard, but Phil wouldn't have had his chauffeur slow down to flip that guy a quarter while he was homeless and now in his 15 minutes of fame, Ted is getting help in front of all those people who care to watch.

Its people using people under the pretence of helping them.

fame or infamy is a double edge sword, not that I hold Dr.Phil in that high of regard, but Phil wouldn't have had his chauffeur slow down to flip that guy a quarter while he was homeless and now in his 15 minutes of fame, Ted is getting help in front of all those people who care to watch.

well said..

well said..

Would you two guys get a room?

but Phil wouldn't have had his chauffeur slow down to flip that guy a quarter while he was homeless

i've heard that because of the oprah effect, dr. phil no longer carries anything smaller than a fifty-cent piece.

Don't get me started on Oprah. She is a marketing genius. My mother-inlaw is a dedicated follower of her book club. She thinks I was completly wrong when I ascerted that Oprah does not read every book her club recommends or was shocked to hear that I would imply that Oprah's company would get paid for "her" endorsement.. Wow I guess I am a cynic. She is very very good at what she does, the only way she could be lower was if she was pushing religion.

• 1 month later...