Assassination

boom3

Connecting Palin to the shooting makes about as much sense as blaming the Byers ice cream company for Rosie Odonnel and Michael Moore's weight problems.

Obviously Geroge Bush and/ or the NRA caused this horrible tragedy.

I wish the perp would have been killed instead of tackled. 50 cent bullet would have solved that part of the problem, With our catch and release court system- we will be out of prison to kill again in say 10-12 years

I hope you mistyped when you wrote "we will be out of prison to kill again," but you bringing President Bush into this discussion and makes me think it was a Freudian slip. [;)] Insofar as the NRA is concerned, this situation will not be good for Second Amendment supporters.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Connecting Palin to the shooting makes about as much sense as blaming the Byers ice cream company for Rosie Odonnel and Michael Moore's weight problems.

Btw, given how obese our population is I don't think it's correct to target only the company you mention (btw, it's Breyers ice cream) but it is fair to say that Americans seem to be swayed by propaganda that isn't always in their best interest....[:S]

I believe that a previous poster said that Bush was responsible- I was merely agreeing with him. Since Bush has been blamed by the left for everything from toxic shock syndrone to global warming it stands to reason that he must have been responsible for this in some fashion

Maybe he is the second guy who the police are looking for(Sara Palin drove the car to drop the shooter off)[;)]

If using a typo as point of debate is the best that you can do-I am the one who should be laughing[:D]

A nut kills some people.....300 million people....there are some nuts...simple as that.To make more than that out of it is also nuts.

Well...Using your analogy there are more "nuts" per capita here than any place in the civilized world and that is pretty embarrassing...

Well....I'm not embarrassed, I don't run the Country.....

Imo that's the problem....Folks don't take responsibility for "we the people," and like to blame politicians that were elected by our population. Unfortunately propaganda rules the airwaves and Americans don't seem to realize that regardless who is elected, they are our representatives and are supposed to come up with solutions to problems that affect (or will) all of us. {EDIT: ...and I put Healthcare reform at the top of the list}

More ridiculous nonsense.

Palin routinely uses belligerent gun metaphors in discussion of how to thwart liberals. One targerted such liberal, indeed shown with a crosshair on her name and address, was shot yesterday. The connection is very tangible and to dismiss it is profoundly irresponsible.

Imo that's the problem....Folks don't take responsibility for "we the people," and like to blame politicians that were elected by our population. Unfortunately propaganda rules the airwaves and Americans don't seem to realize that regardless who is elected, they are our representatives and are supposed to come up with solutions to problems that affect (or will) all of us. {EDIT: ...and I put Healthcare reform at the top of the list}

I don't get your point, I'm the problem? I vote at every election.I am active in politics.I do my part as an American to make this the best Country it can be.You sure read a lot into"I don't run the Country" which is a FACT.Not to mention turning this into a political discussion is shameful.

I don't get your point, I'm the problem? I vote at every election.I am active in politics.I do my part as an American to make this the best Country it can be.You sure read a lot into"I don't run the Country" which is a FACT.

I wasn't nessisarily trying to single you out. My point is that regardless who is elected, it's OUR Government and with the current climate of no one taking responsibility I contend it is US (i.e., you, me, and EVERY other American) that bears responsibility... Fwiw, I didn't vote for President Bush but still tried to lobby for Healthcare reform during his administration because the seriousness of the situation was apolitical.

....Not to mention turning this into a political discussion is shameful.

Btw, I agree that Amy frowns on political discussions but you do realize that this was a political assassination attempt.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination

An assassination is "to murder (a usually prominent person) by sudden or secret attack, often for political reasons."[1][2] An additional definition is "the act of deliberately killing someone especially a public figure, usually for hire or for political reasons."

No...I didn't realize that, what party was the little girl? The guy was a nut job, that's all.You can take responsiblity if you like, me, I'm just a taxpaying citizen doing my part for my Family and Country.

No...I didn't realize that, what party was the little girl? The guy was a nut job, that's all.

She was an innocent bystander in the assassination attempt on Democratic Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords...Just as the attempt on Regan's life was an assassination attempt, but James Brady wasn't the one Hinkly was trying to "assassinate."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Brady

James Scott “Jim” Brady (born August 29, 1940, Centralia, Illinois) is a former Assistant to the President and White House Press Secretary under U.S. President Ronald Reagan. After nearly being killed and becoming permanently disabled as a result of an assassination attempt on Reagan in 1981

"She advocates "taking out" certain politicians whose politics are too
liberal for her tastes. The Congresswoman shot today is on the list."

So, advocating that voters vote out the people you disagree with is bad?

" I think naming her with a gunsight is very poor taste especially since
she was shot."

And you realize this is a foolish statement as the Palin map came out in September?

And she left it up since september. don't you take things down after elections. I don't see any election campaign posters. Oh but it was taken down oh 5 minutes after the news broke down. Yeah about that shit, take it down is probably what happened.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If voting could change anything it would be illegal"

Government is the problem.

Then live without it and see how far you go.

There is no way to solve this problem through the US political process. I see it being a similar issue to drugs, alcohol, etc., they are going to have to hit bottom before they will be open to change.

The solution is for the tax and spend people to go on a diet, not to figure out new ways to carve off another piece of flesh.

What are you people going to do when you run out of other peoples' money, when the other people run out of money?

whose money? I see these informercials now since I got cable that go "owe the federal government less" and I bet the very people go, why does the federal government have such a debt.

Even the mud-hut dwelling Maasai are smart enough to figure out that if you take too much blood from the jugular vein, you won't get any milk to mix it with.

------------------------------------------------------------------

This shooting was a tragedy. To blame it on anyone other than the shooter is a travesty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something to think about:

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

you can reform laws and actions to prevent the poor from being accosted and kept in poverty.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

So a person making 100 dollars an hour has no money to spare basic foods for a person who has no money?

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Poor insurance companies taking your money already and denying your coverage

4. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

So the fact that we are becoming a wal-mart nation does not coincide with your statement?

5. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it...

sure you can when the wealthy / poor divide is the highest ever in history.

I wish the perp would have been killed instead of tackled. 50 cent bullet would have solved that part of the problem, With our catch and release court system- we will be out of prison to kill again in say 10-12 years

I said it was poor taste. Second you rather not know why he did it?