Musician Quotes

seti

A little off-topic but still apropos--Zappa's childhood story is pretty riveting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Zappa#Early_life

I remember many families had bomb shelters (later turned into "wine cellars") around these parts during the Cuban Missile Crisis (yes, those missiles had a range that included Dallas, Texas). We were regularly drilled in "duck and cover" in elementary school--before McNamara stopped all that with his MAD policy--but I couldn't imagine the nightmare scenarios and experiences that Zappa had.

Maybe that's why he was such a vocal activist and independent thinker?

Chris

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

"Well, I just can't play the game anymore. I'm 63 years old, and I've been in the business for 40 years now. I take good advice and direction really well, but I don't need somebody that finished college two years ago to come in and tell me what I should be recording." Charlie Daniels

"People are a lot smarter than anyone gives them credit for being." Ruben Blades

"Don't trust anyone over 30." Pat Boone

"I can't be a wife. I'm not that sort of person. Wives have to compromise all the time." Sarah Brightman

(The preceding quote is especially apropos to those wives that have to put up with huge horn speakers...)

"I'm not going to be joining ZZ Top. You know they can't play my stuff. It's too complicated." James Brown

james-brown-1.jpg

"We have more media than ever and more technology in our lives. It's supposed to help us communicate, but it has the opposite effect of isolating us." Tracy Chapman

"Affluence separates people. Poverty knits 'em together. You got some sugar and I don't; I borrow some of yours. Next month you might not have any flour; well, I'll give you some of mine." Ray Charles

"I even went so far as to become a Southern Baptist for a while, until I realized that they didn't hold 'em under long enough."

"I've always said money may buy you a fine dog, but only love can make it wag its tail."

"Remember: Y'all is singular. All y'all is plural. All y'all's is plural possessive." Kinky Friedman

kinky%20friedman.jpg

Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!

-----Bob Marley

bob_marley.jpg

"If Jesus Christ came back today, He and I would get into our brown corduroys and go to the nearest jean store and overturn the racks of blue denim." Ian Anderson

Ian_Anderson_2.jpg

(I think something must have been lost in translation from English...)

"You blows who you is." Louis Armstrong

"I wish to thank my parents for making it all possible...and I wish to thank my children for making it necessary." Victor Borge

"I'm beginning to understand myself. But it would have been great to be able to understand myself when I was 20 rather than when I was 82." Dave Brubeck

"Women are the real architects of society."

"Yes, it's a man's world, but that's all right because they're making a total mess of it. We're chipping away at their control, taking the parts we want. Some women think it's a difficult task, but it's not." Cher

"People sometimes say it takes a long time to become a jazz fan, but for me it took about five seconds." Pat Metheny

1995_Pat_Metheny-016-bio-400.jpg