RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

I got quoted less than 3k from sound distributors and vanns matched it.

I called sound dist today before I ordered from vanns and today it changed to 3100 for the three. It seems like every time I talked to sound dist I got a different quote. Vanns matched the original quote I got from them at 3k so I went for it.

U can't track it cause it hasn't shipped yet. They most likely just created the label at this point so that's why u have a tracking number.

R+L Carriers works with pro numbers, not tracking numbers. They actually don't assign a pro number until the driver picks the shipment up and it is whatever number is next in order on his label book. If you have a number then it has already been picked up.

I paid $2500 for all three shipped From ASD

I know I saw a previous post where you said that. I said that to ASD and they said they had tons of the bstock when they were selling for that price. It has gone up since you got yours. Also I asked today if they had any bstock rc-64ii in stock and they said no. I said a forum member just received a bstock 64 from you guys and they said "he thinks he got bstock but he got astock" however he did indeed get bstock. Not really sure what's going on with them so I just went through Vanns.

I got the 3100 quote from sound distributors yesterday for all 3. I ordered them and i did recieve a PRO number wasnt sure what it was. but they show a tracking PRO link on there page but it comes up invalid.

The only thing better than 3100 for A stock is 3000 for A stock....man i knew that would happen.

I could have gotten RF-7ii bstock and RC-64ii astock from asd for $2700. They say they don't have any more bstock centers so I would have ended up with a mismatched set of speakers. May not matter to some but does to me. It was worth the extra $300 in my eyes to get all matching a stock. If they would have had all bstock in stock I would have done that but they said they don't so it is what it is.

How much less than $3K (feel free to PM me if you don't want to post here)?

I'm not in the market just yet, but I'd like to get a feel for the actual "street" price before I pull the trigger.

How much less than $3K (feel free to PM me if you don't want to post here)?

I'm not in the market just yet, but I'd like to get a feel for the actual "street" price before I pull the trigger.

I'm curious too. Also, how long ago?

I know I saw a previous post where you said that. I said that to ASD and they said they had tons of the bstock when they were selling for that price. It has gone up since you got yours. Also I asked today if they had any bstock rc-64ii in stock and they said no. I said a forum member just received a bstock 64 from you guys and they said "he thinks he got bstock but he got astock" however he did indeed get bstock. Not really sure what's going on with them so I just went through Vanns.

I must of gotten one of the last b-stock cherry RC-64's.

Probably. The thing that sucked about that is that they didn't even know what you were going to get. Kinda left you guessing

Probably. The thing that sucked about that is that they didn't even know what you were going to get. Kinda left you guessing

Not only would it have sucked, but it's honestly kind of sketchy. I don't understand how a business can operate not knowing what their customers are being sent. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with my particular outcome, however, I might not of been if it went the opposite way and especially so if I hadn't been properly informed a switch of product.

Not only would it have sucked, but it's honestly kind of sketchy. I don't understand how a business can operate not knowing what their customers are being sent. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with my particular outcome, however, I might not of been if it went the opposite way and especially so if I hadn't been properly informed a switch of product.

Yeah it did seem sketchy. I'm glad it ended up working out for you! I wanted the darker bstock like you got but didn't want to risk ending up with a mismatched set.

I feel ya, I would of done the same and just went ahead with the a-stock cherry if I didn't know for sure I was going to get the darker color.

Cherry Color After Aging

When cherry shelves are constructed years apart, how dramatic will the color difference be? May 8, 2004

Question
How much will cherry typically darken over the course of one to two years under normal conditions? I understand there are many variables and no one can know exactly. We recently did some clear cherry bookcases and the client thinks they might need more shelves in the future. If the future were in, say, two years, would new shelves be that noticeably different in color? Since they are shelves, I am inclined to tell them to hold off until they are sure they need them. I would think they could mix up the new shelves amongst the old and once loaded, as long as it is not a drastic difference in color, they probably wouldn't detect the shelves themselves. Is this a fair assumption?

Forum Responses
(Finishing Forum)
From contributor P:
Cherry can darken quite a bit in a year or two. The sample below was placed in a brightly lit area for a week with the left end covered.

post-26822-13819687156808_thumb.jpg