RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

How would you rate them vs the rf-83?

I really like the extra punch the 7s provide over the 83s. I havn't had enough alone time to really crank em up yet so I can't give a very good review yet. So far I'm am very pleased with the swap. It seems like the 7s sound better at lower volumes than my 83s did as well. Even at the lower volumes they sound great. When the wife is home I can't turn it up very loud. They are super overkill for the tiny place we're in right now but we will be moving in the somewhat near future to a bigger place. The 83s did seem to have better mids but I prefer the slam of the 7s

picked them up at the R & L dock on thursday. they were strapped to a skid standing straight up with 2 hand written signs saying they must ship in this position all the way thru. A-stock and 17 numbers off serial numbers. i was totally shocked on how dark they are. i originally wanted the darker B stock but they were all gone so i got A-stock. when you take pictures of them they look alot lighter than they really are.

when i get time i will move the center up under the tv and drop the rest under it.

picked them up at the R & L dock on thursday. they were strapped to a skid standing straight up with 2 hand written signs saying they must ship in this position all the way thru. A-stock and 17 numbers off serial numbers. i was totally shocked on how dark they are. i originally wanted the darker B stock but they were all gone so i got A-stock. when you take pictures of them they look alot lighter than they really are.

when i get time i will move the center up under the tv and drop the rest under it.

SWEET! Aren't they just gorgeous. Congrats!

SWEET! Aren't they just gorgeous. Congrats!

Man those things look good! Awesome media room by the way! [Y]

Hey Budman, how many inches from the wall do you have your L&R's?

Very sexy setup!

It's been about a year since last I listen to a Cornwall. How does the 7 II's sound in comparison?

I owned 88 Cornwalls for about 5 years. I replaced them with RF7IIs this year. They are only used for 2 channel. Personally I would never go back to the Cornwalls. To my ear the 7s have a richer smoother sound than the Cornwalls. The bass is less pronounced but I think a bit tighter, a little more snap. I don't hear alot of difference in their imaging, actually my CF3s image better than either the Cornwalls or RF7IIs. As I stated in another thread I'm amazed more people don't use RF7IIs in their 2 channel system.

cubdog

i would love to give all of you answers to your questions on how they sound but i never have them in the same room. cornwalls with heresy sourrrounds in a 16x16 room can't be beat. the rf-7's/64 center/52 rears in the basement sound awesome in a 20x27 room

xpa series will work great with the 7's. lot of guys using that combo. my parasound 220 x 5 easilly drives my rf-83 system. never once felt it was running out of gas.

That Parasound ain't gonna run out of gas either.>

Congrats Russ on the 7's, looks nice without the grill.