Listened to Cornwalls for the first time today

wuzzzer

I delivered a Panasonic SA-XR45 to forum member juniper8 today and we jammed out to his beautiful Cornwalls!

I was shocked to see how big they are! They seem almost twice as wide as my fortes.

I brought along some music I listen to often and was very impressed by the bass they have! To my ears the bass from my fortes is tighter, but the Cornwalls gave a much more impactful bass output. You could feel the bass hit you. Must be the difference of a ported 15" woofer versus a sealed 12" woofer?

Nothing like having a couple cold brewskis while listening to Pink Floyd at concert-level volume!

It wasn't a fair comparison - stock Cornwalls from 1980 versus modifed/refreshed forte IIs. The Cornwalls have all original components including the crossover components. I really liked the sound of the Cornwalls, it was a very Klipsch-like sound. I loved the bass of them. I'd like to hear a pair that have refreshed crossovers.

Wuzzer that was fun!!! And thanks again!!! Always like a new piece gear, and very nice to meet a forum member!!! I think the Cornwalls and the XR will be a good match, although I think the oppo may be a little bit electronic sounding with it. I think after I dial it in a little bit, I will finally replace those caps. One note about the Corns, the bass does tighten up a bit when the risers are installed. Thanks once more!!!

Wuzzer that was fun!!! And thanks again!!! Always like a new piece gear, and very nice to meet a forum member!!! I think the Cornwalls and the XR will be a good match, although I think the oppo may be a little bit electronic sounding with it. I think after I dial it in a little bit, I will finally replace those caps. One note about the Corns, the bass does tighten up a bit when the risers are installed. Thanks once more!!!

I think you'll find a whole new level of bass, once you replace the Caps! [:P]

Thanks for sharing the experience. It's always a good thing when two or more forum members get together.

Dennie

I love the cornwall bass. A pair of cornwalls led me on the path to eventually change out my Khorns and build a set of DBBs (JC's design based on the cornwall, but double woofers). Years ago I had four cornwalls in my HT as side and rear effects speakers. Just goofing around I used them as mains as a comparrison to my Khorns. I was so impressed with the direct firing bass sound that I eventually got away from the folded horn to four direct firing woofers.

HA I did this last night as well. Went to a fellow forum members house and auditioned some Fortes. I have cornwalls and love the bass they produce...BUT I have a small listening room (12x12) so I've been thinking of getting some Forte's or Chorus and letting someone with a larger room enjoy the cornies.

• Moderators

It was a lot of fun. I still can't believe the size of them. I showed a co-worker this picture today and he just lauged at how big they are:

Nice pic Wuzzzer [:D] Those exact ones are mine. [:D] There not that big there in my bedroom ! [;)]

And they sound goooood Thanks klipsch

• Moderators

if you think cornwalls sound good you should hear some cornscals they have a much larger sound stage Cool

If you think the Cornscalas sound good you should hear the big boys they have a much larger sound stage. [:o]

It was a lot of fun. I still can't believe the size of them. I showed a co-worker this picture today and he just lauged at how big they are:

777d1158619292-review-klipsch-cornwall-i

Nice pic Wuzzzer Big Smile Those exact ones are mine. Big Smile There not that big there in my bedroom ! Wink

And they sound goooood Thanks klipsch

Gee, I hope you were able to remove the two guys, or that would just be weird!!! confused.gif

Dennie [;)]