Ok... so I don't get this...

Coytee

It's well known in my house that my wife detests anything electronic, especially speakers. Doubly especially speakers that might be larger than Bose cubes.

Clearly "woe is unto her" with me having three LaScalas, two EV Interface D's and two Jubilee's.

So, here I am, making outlines for the move to Jacksonville. She desperately wants the Jubilee's OUT of the living room and is hoping I'm taking them with me (I am).

Given her love for all things larger than Bose, I'm defaulting to taking the Jubilee's and three LaScalas, leaving the EV's hidden in a downstairs closet since they need refoamed.

Last night... she tells me that she's going to readjust the basement room that I've been working on. The TV will go on "this" wall, not "that" wall (where I have everything wired) The good news is, "this" wall is right next to the elctronics closet so it will be very simple to run a HDMI wire. I said she could also have the drywall people simply cover up the cubbyholes I put in the wall where I was going to slide my LaScalas. I figure I could cut the drywall out if/when I brought them back (or bought more [6])

She looks at me... "what? You're taking those with you TOO??????"

"I don't understand why you will be taking those with you when you ALREADY have a place for them"

huh? Aren't you the same wife that has been bashing on all things Klipsch for the last 20 years???

What is now coming out in the laundry is, she likes the idea of putting a TV on the wall, leaving the LaScalas hidden IN the wall and evidently, having this sound that she's become familar with. This wall was originally going to be the BACK wall, but she doesn't care..... she just wants me to leave the LaScalas behind so they can be put to use.

I'm still replaying this conversation over & over in my head.... there has to be a catch here somewhere. Perhaps I was on Punked or Candid Camera....but this is not making ANY sense. This is the same woman who would have happily GIVEN any of this stuff away to anyone who showed up with the means to carry it away.

Perhaps that Pod I saw in the woods was indeed, a body snatcher.... this is NOT my wife talking...or perhaps... after 20 years... she's finally warming up to them even though she's unwilling to admit it??

Could it be?

...or perhaps...after 20 years...she's finally warming up to them even though she's unwilling to admit it??

Maybe it's a love/hate thing. I still get entertained watching my border collie and cat interact with each other on a daily basis... [*-)]

A love/hate thing is entertaining...to watch... [<:o)]

lol. My wife complains about the size of my speakers all the time. But whenever I try to downsize she complains about the sound. Now she has a updated vintage sansui amplifier in our bedroom and a pair of forte II.