My Klipsch Reference Home Theater Build

Rippyman

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very exciting to see it all come together. It looks wonderful and it's easy to see you are a true perfectionist. Huge kudos to you! Congratulations on a splendid job! Thanks for sharing all the high-quality photos, too! -Glenn

• 2 weeks later...

Great looking Room...if I may ask how wide and long is the room? What height are the ceilings?

Its 15.6' wide and 16' long with 9' ceilings. Almost square.

Have you considered heights at all?? I don't think you have enough width for wides but heights you most defianatly do and I would! I would go with RB-61II.

• 2 weeks later...

Rippyman,how does the marantz sound with the klipsch? Ive got the same front 3 and was also looking at the sr7005. Looks great by the way!

Sounds amazing, but I haven't really enjoyed it yet. The couch I ordered arrived and ended up not fitting into my basement, so I've been forced to order a new setup.

It will take another 14 weeks before it shows up...ugh!

Even though I've sat down there with just a chair and listened to music and watched clips from my favorite movies, I haven't really enjoyed it yet.

On a side note, the two subs you see in the photos are the Klipsch SW-112's and I'm not that impressed with them. It may be that the bass is being lost by escaping the room, but I won't know until the room is furnished and complete. This saturday I'm hooking up a James Cinema 15 to compare for giggles.

I plan on doing a bunch of wall treatments and along with the new couch I'm hoping it will contain the sound a lot better.

Rippyman,how does the marantz sound with the klipsch? Ive got the same front 3 and was also looking at the sr7005. Looks great by the way!

Sounds amazing, but I haven't really enjoyed it yet. The couch I ordered arrived and ended up not fitting into my basement, so I've been forced to order a new setup.

It will take another 14 weeks before it shows up...ugh!

Even though I've sat down there with just a chair and listened to music and watched clips from my favorite movies, I haven't really enjoyed it yet.

On a side note, the two subs you see in the photos are the Klipsch SW-112's and I'm not that impressed with them. It may be that the bass is being lost by escaping the room, but I won't know until the room is furnished and complete. This saturday I'm hooking up a James Cinema 15 to compare for giggles.

I plan on doing a bunch of wall treatments and along with the new couch I'm hoping it will contain the sound a lot better.

Is the floor concrete? It’s way harder to get good bass on top of

concrete. Subs on normal floors shake

the whole floor and that shakes your chair and you. But in a basement setup you’re

going to have to get creative a little bit. Some people are happy with the bass

they get but it took me 3 subs before I got the bass I was looking for on

concrete. And one is very close to the

LP. I know you probably don’t want to run wires because you did the wires

behind the walls. You can get subs that are wireless. A few good brands for

that are Rhythmic subs and I think HSU subs make a good wireless sub. Just looking

at your pics I would look to put one behind the couch (I’m guessing at where you’re

putting the couch) similar to how I have mine. I know it’s different but look to

the right of this pic behind the couch. I have one sub there then two up front

like you. The subs up front are bigger

than yours but I use to have this same set up with 2 klipsch rw-12d subs up front

and it was plenty of bass. I changed because the port broke loose on one and they

dented the cone trying to fix it. By that time that model was discounted and

ultimate electronics was going bankrupt so they just gave me my money back. I used

the money to buy a SVS sub and then it looked funny having one small sub and

one huge sub upfront. I sold the other one and bought

the Epik Empire.

Also your room is a lot bigger than mine so it might take

bigger subs to pressurize that room with bass.

Also just a suggestion I would put your spikes on your rf-7

so the feet don’t sink in. (unless you like it)