DFW Hornheads---

Rdmarsiii

August 6th it is, I believe. I need to figure out what's wrong with my smoker, as well haha. You guys are welcome to bring whatever you want. If all else fails, there's still the grill =P

Sadly, I let the McIntosh MC2102 go. I had no use for it since I'm running all HT now. The only power source I have right now is Krell, which I believe will sound amazing on anything we throw at it.

I do need everyone who is coming to PM me, and let me know what you're bringing so I'll know if I need to rearrange anything. Also, it might not be a bad idea to bring some lawn chairs or something, as my couch only sits so many people ;)

I look forward to hearing from you guys! I'll respond with my address and phone number.

David

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aug 6 is out for me, but don't let that hold you guys back. The last 2 weekends in August should be good for me though. Pick a date that most can make and do it, there is never the perfect moment, but these things are always a good time.

I'm sure we can arrange to have plenty more =)

David,

I'm looking forward to this! What time do you expect to kick it off?

Thanks,

David

Hey David,

I was thinking like you said, early afternoon, or we could even start a bit earlier to get more listening time in. Its all up to you guys, I'm an open book.

I'm excited!!

David

Gents, I hope you guys had a good time. I was an inaugural member of this group and I do not see a single one of the original names recently. However, it's cool that it has continued on and perhaps timing will allow me to join you guys sometime.

Gotta love DFW...

Nothing doing in Houston. Made a few contacts here but it somehow never seems to jell like it did there. If any of my Houston friends see this, no offense. Just seems we don't gravitate together like up north folks. Maybe it's just too hot and Houston...

Dave

Gents, I hope you guys had a good time. I was an inaugural member of this group and I do not see a single one of the original names recently. However, it's cool that it has continued on and perhaps timing will allow me to join you guys sometime.

Gotta love DFW...

Nothing doing in Houston. Made a few contacts here but it somehow never seems to jell like it did there. If any of my Houston friends see this, no offense. Just seems we don't gravitate together like up north folks. Maybe it's just too hot and Houston...

Dave

Dave, I would come down there for a "local" gathering if we could do some gulf fishing, enjoy great music and have some fellowship..... Right now the heat has most of us beat down and moving slowly.... lol...

• 5 months later...

It's about time for a Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) Hornhead winter event--albeit a listening session this time. If there is any interest in hearing a couple of two-way K-402 Jubilees with TAD 4002s (other gear in profile) in the next month or so, let me know and we can begin negotiations on a date/time. I live in west Arlington, which is easily accessible via I-20, I-30, etc.

You can PM, email, or reply.

Cheers,

Chris

I'm thinking perhaps 28 January or 4 February--just to start the discussion off. I'm open to other dates, too.

A few people have already expressed an interest, such as Wrinkles, Davis419, Rudy81 (...wow, a lot of folks like numbers in their handles...), Rdmarsiii, Greg Oshiro, and a couple of more non-Klipsch folks, but have yet to voice their opinion on a preferred date.

Chris