DFW Hornheads---

Rdmarsiii

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys,

Looks like I'll have to postpone until further notice. My listening room incurred significant water damage yesterday. Although the equipment wasn't damaged, there are plenty of wet carpets and falling ceiling drywall mud to be found. The ceiling and carpets were still wet this AM, and it will probably take several days to completely dry out...[st]

Sorry about that: things happen that are outside of our control, I'm afraid. [:(]

Chris

Dude I seriously know what that is like. Not too long ago the refridgerator water filter mount cracked in the middle of the night. Enough water leaked (sprayed) out that it filled the reefer and then the weight of collected water pushed the door open. Some time later I awoke for work, got out of bed and two rooms over I stood ankle deep in water.

Well guys,

Looks like I'll have to postpone until further notice. My listening room incurred significant water damage yesterday. Although the equipment wasn't damaged, there are plenty of wet carpets and falling ceiling drywall mud to be found. The ceiling and carpets were still wet this AM, and it will probably take several days to completely dry out...Storm

Sorry about that: things happen that are outside of our control, I'm afraid. Sad

Chris

I'm sorry to hear about your problems... I hope you are able to get things up to par again soon....

Well guys,

Looks like I'll have to postpone until further notice. My listening room incurred significant water damage yesterday. Although the equipment wasn't damaged, there are plenty of wet carpets and falling ceiling drywall mud to be found. The ceiling and carpets were still wet this AM, and it will probably take several days to completely dry out...Storm

Sorry about that: things happen that are outside of our control, I'm afraid. Sad

Chris

Hey Chris,

Sorry to hear about your downpour (hot water heater no doubt) as it is not suppose to rain inside ! [um] I only heard about your get together the other day and would have missed it had it not have been postponed. If there is not already to many guys on the list I would love to come. It doent matter to me if it starts at 1:00 am on Thursday morning and goes till the sun comes up I will make it !

Don[um]

Don,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm still waiting on the insurance adjuster to show up but do have multiple bids for repair already (no, you don't want to know how much...).

Assuming that the repairs will span about two weeks start to finish, my schedule is open again on 24 March Saturday. After that, I could do 7 or 14 April (imagine a pre-tax day wake! [+o(]).

I think that I'm going to have to schedule a couple of these events in order to accommodate everyone in good listening positions without having to hot-seat chairs in the listening area. The system sounds good at the back of its 40' room, but you can't hear the imaging of the system at the back. So I'll plan on doing two Saturdays to spread out the enjoyment [Y].

For the folks within reasonable driving distance of D/FW (i.e., west Arlington), please let me know what your preferences are: I'll declare "King's X" on that date to ward off evil spirits that might be planning on revisiting my upstairs plumbing. [:D]

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

In the next few weeks, possibly the beginning of summer, I'd like to have another get-together here. New house, the Ultra2 sounds superb here. I'm flying now, so I'm only home a few days out of the month. Better to plan this sooner than later. We can fire up the grill and smoker. Let me know!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the repairs finished before having to get on an airliner-bummer. I was planning another get together date in a couple of weeks or so.

Chris