Got my new carry permit...

Marvel

Well then we should just outlaw guns all together like Mexico and Columbia. Shootings should drop substantially.

I think that would be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Couldn't find the tongue in cheek emoticon.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I let my old one expire, and Georgia now doesn't do renewals. It's a whole new application. The total charges are more than the state allows (not supposed to be over $50... but the background check by itself is $50... Probate Court is $30). Like I am going to complain? I went in on Monday and received it today (Saturday). Pretty quick.

Mostly, I read through all the states that have reciprocity agreements with the State of Georgia. HALF the US recognize the permit. Very interesting...

Bruce

Bruce, Congrat's on aquiring your conceal carry permit. I obtained mine when I lived in OK, but I never carried a firearm on my person. Based on my experience in OK and TX, the Georgia CC license seems pretty darn cheap. My wife and I just obtained our Texas conceal carry permits, and even though the state of TX recognizes and accepts my OK conceal carry, it didn't help me 1 bit to get my Texas license. I had to do the whole thing all over again.

The cost for the TX CC was almost 2x that of OK. The stupid thing about all of this is that I don't even need it, because I never carry a gun. I only take a firearm with me when I'm going to the ranch or driving out of town. And I don't need a Texas CC to do either of those things..... as of Sept. 1, 2007.

Mismanagement of funds, business or government, comes down to lack of pride in ownership. You are less frugal with things when they aren't yours and it hasn't been your blood sweat and tears that earned it.

Selling your soul doesn't count? That's how they earn it.

The cost for the TX CC was almost 2x that of OK. The stupid thing about all of this is that I don't even need it, because I never carry a gun. I only take a firearm with me when I'm going to the ranch or driving out of town. And I don't need a Texas CC to do either of those things..... as of Sept. 1, 2007.

I also rarely carry, but there are times when I do and am glad for the ability to do so.

The main thing is to practice, practice, practice with your firearm, and pray you will never need to use it. Also, to know the laws so you don't do something stupid.

Bruce

Once you are in politics it's easy to accumulate a lot of money. Strangely enough, this happens by not managing other's wisely. Unless of course it's for a select few.

Very simply, this is called stealing. It's just what they do.

what more proof do you need that Amy doesn't like you? :P

The locked threads, the ignored PM's, I've had my suspicions for quite some time, sigh............................................................

I might just have to drown my sorrows in a cocktail tonight[D][Y].

• Moderators

How did this turn into a political discussion? Indifferent

I'm surprised it took this long.

I was waiting for that. Plus I was gone all last week. You didn't even notice, did ya? [:)]