boom3

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glibert:

That is an impossible assumption---that the terrorists knew the buildings would collapse, when the engineers in the USA had know idea. And even then it took over a year of experiments to figure out why they collapsed.

JJK

? I'm no engineer but steel gets super heated, melts and fails and falls onto lower weakened areas, collapse was almost for sure.

Glibert:

That is an impossible assumption---that the terrorists knew the buildings would collapse, when the engineers in the USA had know idea. And even then it took over a year of experiments to figure out why they collapsed.

JJK

? I'm no engineer but steel gets super heated, melts and fails and falls onto lower weakened areas, collapse was almost for sure.

It doesn't quite melt but above 1000 F the strength of steel is halved or more. Nothing on the towers ever melted off per se but bracing for the floor sagged and buckled the metal skin. PBS Nova did a good episode on why the towers failed. Also it is rather alarming the percentage of people who think the planes had bombs on it or it was an inside job where someone put nano thermite (true story of people believing that)

"(true story of people believing that) "'

http://www.ae911truth.org/

WTC Building #7, a 47-story high-rise not hit by an airplane, exhibited all the characteristics of classic controlled demolition with explosives:

1. Rapid onset of collapse

2. Sounds of explosions at ground floor – a second before the building's destruction

3. Symmetrical "structural failure" – through the path of greatest resistance –

4. Imploded, collapsing completely, and landed in its own footprint

5. Massive volume of expanding pyroclastic-like clouds

from the top European controlled demolition professional

7. Foreknowledge of "collapse" by media, NYPD, FDNY

In the the aftermath of WTC7's destruction, strong evidence of demolition using incendiary devices was discovered:

8. FEMA finds rapid oxidation and intergranular melting on structural steel samples

9. Several tons of molten metal reported by numerous highly qualified witnesses

10. Chemical signature of the incendiary thermite found in solidified molten metal, and dust samples

WTC7 exhibited none of the characteristics of destruction by fire:

1. Slow onset with large visible deformations

2. Asymmetrical collapse which follows the path of least resistance (laws of conservation of momentum would cause a falling, to the side most damaged by the fires)

3. Evidence of fire temperatures capable of softening steel

4. High-rise buildings with much larger, hotter, and longer lasting fires have never collapsed.

Can we just put and end to the retarted notion we bombed these buildings? I know we live in a crazy world but it would be nice to think otherwise normal people are not

I agree! TV documentaries on building demolition show clearly that it takes weeks to plan and strategically drill holes in concrete and steel and string wires all over the place between the explosives and computer-controlled electronic detonators. It's fantasy to think that a manpower-intensive crew could sneak in overnight or over a mere weekend to do all that and get it ready IN ADVANCE of the nation being surprised by foreign Al Qaeda teams on 9/11.

Plus, it's a rule of actual conspiracies that the more people who know something, the more inevitable it is that someone will spill something sooner or later. And where would one find a skilled demolition crew who are dedicated secret-keepers AND fanatically devoted to such a conspiracy? Seems to me some thinking as well as knowledge are in order here.

Glibert:

JJK

Wrong, dead wrong.

The planes took out a corner on ea. structure, effectively eliminating a main floor girder. With the fire raging as it was, we all knew the top would come down. You havn't a clue about what your talking about.

Glibert:

JJK

Wrong, dead wrong.

The planes took out a corner on ea. structure, effectively eliminating a main floor girder. With the fire raging as it was, we all knew the top would come down. You havn't a clue about what your talking about.

Actually the first plane hit dead center and survived longer than the second tower which was hit on the corner which fell first but was hit second.

Can we just put and end to the retarted notion we bombed these buildings? I know we live in a crazy world but it would be nice to think otherwise normal people are not

I agree! TV documentaries on building demolition show clearly that it takes weeks to plan and strategically drill holes in concrete and steel and string wires all over the place between the explosives and computer-controlled electronic detonators. It's fantasy to think that a manpower-intensive crew could sneak in overnight or over a mere weekend to do all that and get it ready IN ADVANCE of the nation being surprised by foreign Al Qaeda teams on 9/11.

Plus, it's a rule of actual conspiracies that the more people who know something, the more inevitable it is that someone will spill something sooner or later. And where would one find a skilled demolition crew who are dedicated secret-keepers AND fanatically devoted to such a conspiracy? Seems to me some thinking as well as knowledge are in order here.

Someone I know is convinced TWA flight 800 was shot down. I had to explain to him SAM missiles do not explode per se but throw a ring of metal at an airplane. He still thinks it was "hit" with a missile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous-rod_warhead

Continuous-rod-warhead.gif

Someone I know is convinced TWA flight 800 was shot down. I had to explain to him SAM missiles do not explode per se but throw a ring of metal at an airplane. He still thinks it was "hit" with a missile.

The NTSB did a several-hundred page report on TWA 800 that explored all ideas very thoroughly including the missle theories and batted them all down. It provided thorough evidence of a central fuel tank explosion. Some will never be convinced, though.

"Actually the first plane hit dead center and survived longer than the second tower which was hit on the corner which fell first but was hit second. "

The floors are (were) suspended on a central column structure, not the outer walls or the corners.

Do you know more about this than the certified achitects and engineers that are calling for a new probe into the truth?

The key is to look at building 7 which collapsed even though it was not hit by a plane and had only a few minor fires.

There is a huge lie in play here.

Jay, get off of Youtube, and go order yourself a copy of the "WTC Building Performance Study", any edition; then read it. In particular, what happens to super heated columns carrying a heavy load. Then brush-up on your Euler buckling load theory (though, not required reading to understand the simple problem) and review the effects of mass and impact. It's not rocket science, and I'm reasonably sure Osama Ben Ladden thought the same.

If afterwards, if you still want to discuss this subject futher, I'll be more than happy to address your genuine concerns. The book is free, and you can get a copy through FEMA.

"Jay, get off of Youtube, and go order yourself a copy of the "WTC Building Performance Study", any edition; then read it."

You will find it in the fiction section of any bookstore, right next to 'The Warren Report'.

And right next to your crack-pot tin-hat conspiracy theories. [+o(]

You/we have been lied to about many things.

It's interesting to listen to the transcription recordings (Library of Congress) of LBJ and McNamara cooking up the 'Gulf of Tonkin Incident'. That little lie resulted in what, 58K American dead, and 1M+ Asians?

What about 'Remember the Main'? (coal dust explosion used as an excuse to start the Spanish American War)

As long as we don't call for more light to be shed on these type of crimes, they will continue.

The floors are (were) suspended on a central column structure, not the outer walls or the corners.

I'm anything but a structural engineer, but my understanding is the floors were suspended by multiple 18m steel girders between the central column and the steel box column outer walls:
Figure 5
This summary made sense to me (FWIW), saying the prolonged heat and distortion of the girders led to failure of enough angle clips to lead to the domino-like collapse as angle clips on the floors below could not stand the weight of the floors piling on from above.
The upper floors hit the ground in 10 seconds at 200 km/hr.