Gave my Cornwalls away

juniper8

A friend was looking for klipsch speakers and lost out on some heresy speakers so I gave him my 1980 Cornwalls. The sad thing is these types of cornwalls CBR's were everywhere when I first started playing again with audio about a year and a half ago. Now that I am looking for a nice pair cbr 1.5's of course they are no where to be found! Before I sent them on their way I painted the bases black, staind the motorboard black, it was a little dull from age, installed a hard rock maple brace and added Mr. Crites caps (thanks BOB) I must say they sounded better then they ever did!

post-43170-1381966284456_thumb.jpg

Some of the prettiest birch Cornwalls I've seen. Beautiful amber glow. Go get 'em back. Wink

when I was done working on them they were impressive, I tried to sell them twice for 700.00 but never had any interest. These were in like new condition when I bought them other than dusty, they were sitting for over 10 years unused, the first ding they had was when I was walking them out the door of the previous owners house! when my friend sells them someday I insisted that he puts them up for sale here first.

Thats funny, I dont think he does "appreciate" from what he has told me on how they are placed in his house. I think he is missing the little big picture as far as sound stage, imaging and depth of field and the "playability" these speakers have to offer, they are very forgiving on most recordings. But we all have too start somewhere, the Cornwall is a good act to start with!

You are a GREAT friend.

I hope he appreciates them the way we do, and may be agree to resell them back to you.

Kwing

You can't resell what wasn't sold in the first place. If he doesn't like them, I hope he gives them back!

-

What do you mean by he doesn't appreciate them from where he placed them? That they are not working out in his room, or that he is just dumping them somewhere and doesn't care?