Question on Ebay sale, Heresy IIIs

Rivernuggets

This would be the cheapest way to get H3's I've seen B stock or not. $1200 per pair. They have 3 pairs available. I wonder why on Earth they chose to call themselves Ronco. PoPeel would have been much better.

The cheapest way to get the H3 sound isto spend about 300/box and upgrade your H2's!

This would be the cheapest way to get H3's I've seen B stock or not. $1200 per pair. They have 3 pairs available. I wonder why on Earth they chose to call themselves Ronco. PoPeel would have been much better.

The cheapest way to get the H3 sound is to spend about 300/speaker and upgrade your H2's!

The cheapest way to get the H3 sound is to spend about 300/speaker and upgrade your H2's!

You are right on there. However; at about $250-275 per H2 at today's price and $300, you are looking at less than $600. But you are talking about very old speakers with new components compared to brand new, albeit B stock, speakers. Furthermore, you are not considering that your time is worth something. These ship free, and all you have to do is take them out of boxes.

You can then sell some of the 'old' HII parts to recoup some of that $600. I hope to eventually do the HII upgrade to these. Picking them up next week! Party!!!

You'll need to re-work the terminal cup hole on those to accomodate the new rectangular ones.

You'll need to re-work the terminal cup hole on those to accomodate the new rectangular ones.

Gregg357 mentioned that also in the Garage Sale thread. He described the round terminal cup as small and the rectangular one is larger. I guess it would be with the HF and LF connections. Hope so....easier to remove material.

He also said the motorboard tweeter hole will have to be enlarged slightly to fit the larger HIII tweeter magnet. Never augmented a cab before - should be fun, right? Right?!?

It will be some time before affording the ~$600, though.

The modifications to the back for the input panel would only take a minute or two if you had the right tools.

Drill four holes for the corners and the cut away the unwanted material with a jigsaw.

Buy the HIII upgrade kit, take the H2 components and build a Tangent 400 box for them to go in.

That's what I would do.

Thanks for the picture CECAA850. Up until you mentioned a file, I was thinking of a runaway router.

Invidiosulus, thanks for the advice - I have the tools you mentioned.

Haven't taken a blade to speaker cabs yet. I'll post here with pics after doing the upgrade. Must save some cash first, and try NOT to look in the Garage Sale section anymore. [H]

The modifications to the back for the input panel would only take a minute or two if you had the right tools.

Drill four holes for the corners and the cut away the unwanted material with a jigsaw.

Buy the HIII upgrade kit, take the H2 components and build a Tangent 400 box for them to go in.

That's what I would do.

A good idea, and should work fairly well. I'm considering that very method for a set of H-III components I have. The Tangent "dimensions" are: 35.5" tall x 15" wide x 14.25" deep; The two ports are 9.5" up, and the port tubes are 3" diameter and 5" deep/long.

[H]

Drill four holes for the corners and the cut away the unwanted material with a jigsaw...

I found on my HII to HIII upgrade that the routed edge of the circular panel was actually a tiny bit wider than the HIII panel. To get a good seal I had to fill it with a little wood filler. See here about the 4th or 5th picture down: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/148682.aspx Not a big deal!

There were some criticisms of the Tangent having some boomy bass. Anyone hear HIII components in a Tangent 400 box?